Steering wheel nut hard to screw on

Is it typically difficult to remove the steering wheel nut? I had an aftermarket steering wheel on and am switching to a more original steering wheel. It was very hard to remove the nut and it wasn’t even on all the way. The threads look ok and the new nut will only go on one full revolution. Should I use a die to rethread the shaft?

• Sponsors (?)

Is it typically difficult to remove the steering wheel nut? I had an aftermarket steering wheel on and am switching to a more original steering wheel. It was very hard to remove the nut and it wasn’t even on all the way. The threads look ok and the new nut will only go on one full revolution. Should I use a die to rethread the shaft?
You could run a die over the shaft threads ,but the nut is a quench nut ,it does not thread on all the way by hand ,that is what keeps it from coming loose and having the wheel come off in your hands while driving

Well I got a new nut and tried again. Thinking about what horse sense said in a previous reply, it did screw on very tightly getting slightly easier until the nut bottomed out. Now my problem is that the bearing retainer sleeve won’t stay seated. Is there a ring of some sort that snaps over it?