Steps for applying bondo to minor door dings/dents

I have to have my car ready for primer by the time my dad gets back from the caribbean on the 21rst. Today I bought 1 gallon USC FR1 Featherite bondo and UPO 714 Dolphin glaze self leveling polyester finishing putty to put on top of it. Do I just sand around the dents (beginning with what grit and finishing with what?) apply the bondo, and then apply the finishing glaze? Then sand to 320 and wait for primer? Any tips/suggestions? Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

sand where bondo is to be applied with 40-80 grit.
sand level with 40-80, and with 180 or 220.

for primer...
sand 8'' around bondo spot with 400 open coat paper on DA or hand.
prime spot, stepping out furthur with each coat.
4 coats should do ya!

then block with 600 wet and paint!

Hope it helps. I'm a painter!:nice:

Post some pics of these dents. If they're just dings, skip the bondo and just glaze them.

Sand out a ways around the dent, (cant tell you just how far, because you'll just need to feel the metal and see how far out you need to go to get it straight.

Feather with 80, apply your filler, block with 80. Tap down any high spots, see if you have any real low spots to fill. If not, scuff the low spots and glaze the area, out onto the scuffed paint.

Start with 80 to knock your glaze down really quick, but dont sand too much with 80. Then switch to 180 and then before you prime. Use 320 to help eliminate the scratches.

Then block and feather it all in.