SN95 Stock cobra changuo questions

csbarracuda

Jul 24, 2006
I’ve got a stock 95 cobra with 108xxx on the ticker. I have the engine and trans out to put a clutch and head gaskets on it. One was blown and slipping and the other was slipping. While it is out I’ve sourced a tubular kmember with AArms, rear lower springs, rear control arms, camber castor adjusters, and adjustable koni shocks so far. The plan is to lower it a bit, lighten up the front and make it easier to work on stuff under the hood and set it up to handle really nice with a responsive driveline. Not necessarily drag race or make any serious HP. Just a fun driver around town.

• Sponsors (?)

I have to buy a coil over setup still. What should I get and what are the effects of the different pound ratings? Also, I’m going to have the heads resurfaced/shaved. With the stock pistons and deck height how much can I take off the bring the compression up a little.

I would call Maximum Motorsports on the spring rates and order what they recommend for your setup. As for the heads be very careful about taking anything off of them. My friend at a set of GT40s shaved ( .030" maybe) and it messed the geometry up so that his intake would no longer bolt up correctly (bolt holes were to far apart).

I would call Maximum Motorsports on the spring rates and order what they recommend for your setup. As for the heads be very careful about taking anything off of them. My friend at a set of GT40s shaved ( .030" maybe) and it messed the geometry up so that his intake would no longer bolt up correctly (bolt holes were to far apart).
Agreed, I was thinking more like 10 thousands because when you take around 30 off apparently you have to shave the lower manifold in order to get the holes to line up.

Go with a more modern cam. The computer in the 94-95 car can be picky about cams. I would recommend something with a LSA of 114 or better for good drivablity. The Steeda #19 was designed for the 94-95 cars and would work well with the stock Cobra intake and GT40 heads.