Story of the Mustangs

• Sponsors (?)

no, its the linkage. i trying to use this tool i bought to dosconnect them, but it aint doin it for me. idk whats wrong with it.

i've never disconnected mine in the handful of times i've had my lower off. Once you have it unbolted from the lower, and all the injectors out it has quite a bit of movement. Just carefully move it off to the side.

You might need to unbolt/unclip a few of the hard lines that run down the front of the block if i recall...just be careful cause gas might squirt out (if you havent found out already :D )

no, its the linkage. i trying to use this tool i bought to dosconnect them, but it aint doin it for me. idk whats wrong with it.

spray some wd40 or pb blaster in the connection, don't be cheap about it, slide the tool on the line and push in on the line and pull at the same time, it takes some doing but it does come apart. the tool spreads the spring inside the connector and gunk can build up inside and keep the spring from open up all the way.

the think with nitrous is it a tool, some like it some don't. you need to inform yourself about things before you pop them on your motor, like the proper shot, plug range tune etc. and this helps the life of the motor. also doing a compression check and some other tests to get the general state of the motor helps also. If you notice people ask tons of ?'s every day about combo's and parts....remember educate, educate. you are on your way.

I ran 11.40's for two years on 86 GT that had a 89 motor that I never opened, forged pistons and all,125 shot, all practice/suspension. Driving/thinking like a 16 year old is how we all got our insurance rates. For all us hapless victims of the Vin Deisel's of the world, minimum driving age should be at least 18, dependent on grades, 21 if your a moron. Kids:nonono: . I've had 7 5.0's in my time, I drive for a living, and never a ticket. Supra's a different animal, I wouldn't race a Carrera either, apples and oranges. When did they stop teaching the basics of reading/writing english in our schools?:nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

I ran 11.40's for two years on 86 GT that had a 89 motor that I never opened, forged pistons and all,125 shot, all practice/suspension. Driving/thinking like a 16 year old is how we all got our insurance rates. For all us hapless victims of the Vin Deisel's of the world, minimum driving age should be at least 18, dependent on grades, 21 if your a moron. Kids:nonono: . I've had 7 5.0's in my time, I drive for a living, and never a ticket. Supra's a different animal, I wouldn't race a Carrera either, apples and oranges. When did they stop teaching the basics of reading/writing english in our schools?:nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

ud be surprised ay how uneducated people are these days. as long as they have a good image, they think its all good. oh well, in the future, when i still have my gt and they have nothing cuz they crashed it or blew the engine, ill be laughing, with a well paying job and good amount of money. im doing ALOT for my career. more than most people. hard to believe im blonde :\

Im 20 and I knew how to drive in highschool as well. But as others said I didnt race or anything. sure I roads that I loved but still nothing nuts just weekend getaways.
when I was refurring to supras is all this streetfire crap and youtube crap. People are always having supras and mustangs racing.:nonono:
I respect them but just love mustangs too much:D
:OT: but hey blackpearl, do u mind postin up some pics of that stang ur selling. sounds nice.
Pm me with an email I am taking new pics tomorrow:D :D :D
lol. this thread is struggling. ,If we all listen to this guy, there would be no mustangs with nitrous winning bracket races across the country day after day
I dont think he is puting Nitrous down, just that it should not be your first mod, and for most people that do have it as a first usually have not patience and want speed NOW.:nonono:
just stop posting in threads.

Whats great about forums is people who have ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE in the said question, yet feel the need to give advice.

How many motors have you blown up on nitrous?
Ok lets not freak about this, he has a point. BUILD A FOUNDATION. dont just through a nitrous kit in you car without the groundwork. Sure nitrous works on stock motors and even if a motor is built the nitrous can pop it, but the point is... If you are putting nitrous as your first mod and no other work on the car other then cosmetic chances are, in my opinion, that you are more likely to misuse the power nitrous gives and send your pistons through the hood:eek:

Now all that said most people are just dumb and abuse cars, they should learn a thing or two about how many people DIE in accedents from being to stupid and not having respect or experiance with POWER.
when it comes down to it... it is nothing more then natural selection

yo, blackpearl, thnx, thats exactly what i had in mind. i agree with u 100%. u need to have a car that is ready for the abuse and power that nitrous delivers. ive seen even drag cars and bikes ppop the piston straight out or catch fire. u gotta have balance.

This thread fails in SO many ways...

Mr. MikeRod16,
What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered irrational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listen to it. I award you no credit, and may god have mercy on your soul....

they are all stock, except the the 2 foxes have nos. real sad cuz they dont have forged pistons and the engine is stock.

and slams it into a palm tree and knocked it over.

stock with nos (big no no).

hope u enjoyed the story.

but still, with those pistons, it wont last with nos. besides, kinda of a rice move.

i get what everyone says about the stock motor, but they dont have forged pistons. with hyper pistons itll work but not for long. if they replaced it with forged, then by all means, go ahead and spray all you want.

i look in my rear view mirror and he starts sliding. and then......he loses it. goes across ALL 4 LANES!! slodong like a maniac, i look back and he almost hits me, and slams it into a palm tree and knocked it over

View attachment 326754

ud be surprised ay how uneducated people are these days. as long as they have a good image, they think its all good. oh well, in the future, when i still have my gt and they have nothing cuz they crashed it or blew the engine, ill be laughing, with a well paying job and good amount of money. im doing ALOT for my career. more than most people. hard to believe im blonde :\

^^^^^^^^Wow..... wouldn't yah say? :doh:
There are so many things i could say to you. I feel as if your clueless? Or blind? I'm torn between the two...

:worthlesa

well, my bad if i didnt proof read my stuff. what is it that you dont understand though? i said the foxes are completely stock and they put nitrous in it. if you cant understand that, then i think ur the dumb one. and if this thread bothers you so much, why bother and reply? are you that bored? everyone in here understands perfectly. just because you dont doesnt mean the thread is worthless.

Mr. MikeRod16,
What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered irrational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listen to it. I award you no credit, and may god have mercy on your soul....

^^^^^^^^Wow..... wouldn't yah say? :doh:
There are so many things i could say to you. I feel as if your clueless? Or blind? I'm torn between the two...

:worthlesa

Look the guy is 16, dont get personal here, just because you have a computer screen to hide behind doesnt make you threatening.
you can calm down now:whine:
This is 5.0 TALK, so rants are perfectly fine, and he has a point, where were you at his age? probably in one of the cars he is talking about.
What im getting at is dont insult someone because you feel tough behind a screen

If I were 16 again, and had a 5.0 of some sort, I would do a couple things. 1. drive it like it scared the hell out of me, like I didn't know the next wrong move could kill me. 2.Not change a thing till I had done years of research on them. Too much to learn in a week. 3. Not listen to those who thought it should be beaten to be "driven right" as they probably have gone through many a car, or are about to. 4. Never sell it, its always a work in progress, and so are you. Good luck, kid. Do your own thing, live to learn, don't follow the crowd of teens who will have either their cars, friends, or some unsuspecting victim in the graveyard cuz they thought they were cool.:nice:

per side lol. Jus swing it to the side, you don't even have to disconnect the fuel lines.

18 yr old senior here with HCI+ bottom end rebuild in the works(STILL waiting on a damn clutch) and I am running a 150 shot of NAWZZZ:rolleyes:

lol thnx 4 backin me up there people. and trust me, i take all the advice i get from people who know what theyre doing and know what they have. and i already put the rail aside today. during the week, ima slip off the intake and put the new cobra one, new FPR, new RR and thats it for this time. next time, its gonna be headwork.

OH and i got my car club sticker today. :D i love it. ill post pics up tomm or after. im in my grandmas for today

Mr. MikeRod16,

I'm really suprised nobody picked up on this..... Read this again, familar?