Strange Idle during cold start

Tungsten06GT

Feb 18, 2008
Hey guys,

I've always sort of had this issue during the cold, but I do have a CAI and tune, and when I first start the car the rpm's will fluctuate slightly around 1k rpm for about 10 seconds, and then setting down to around 750. I know it takes a few seconds for the rpm's to settle, but the fact that they fluctuate around 1k worries me. Does this sound like the MAF just may need cleaned?

Thanks

nope its normal on cold starts less then 40 degrees mine has gone up to 2k for a few seconds before just start it let it warm up for about a min and go just don't gas it or anything till the rpms settle normal stuff though

I had the same fluctuation problem 2 times , and 2 times I solved it by cleaning the intake : just remove the four bolts ant the wires , use some motor oil and be gentle with the moving parts .
Be sure to remove all the black stains and to clean away the oil you used .

My car runs very good : with S/C and ram air filter cleaning the intake is mandatory , especially in dusty hot climate

Have fun

Steel

I had the same problem. Pull off your CAI at the throttle body, then give the throttle body a good cleaning. I had a little build up of air cleaner oil on and around the butterflies of the throttle body. that worked for me.

In fact I meant the same : clean with oil the throttle body and the butterflies - my problem is that I don't know technical english enough .

Merry Xmas from Italy to everybody

Steel

Hello there in Italy. My grandparents were born in Italy. I like the way brakleen works on cleaning the TB. I would use maf cleaner on the maf though because you never know what components on the maf could be damaged by brakleen.