• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Stripped lug key

  • Thread starter Thread starter FordTaurusSHO94
  • Start date Start date Feb 21, 2004
F

FordTaurusSHO94

Member
Apr 14, 2003
110
0
16
Feb 21, 2004
#1
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #1
Skip this paragraph if you want. I stripped a lug nut key about a month ago and bought a new one. It said $23, but I've got a friend there and it cost me $9. I cut my 2 driver's side tires over the summer, so I replaced them with Kumho's. The stock Goodyears are a thousand times better in grip and handling. I had the Kumho's on the front, but they chase the road, so I put them on the back and they just spin. When I go to the track I always swap them and pick up a quarter of a second...

I went to rotate my tires from front to back and stripped my lugnut key. I went to a parts store and bought some lugnuts so I can just get rid of the security nuts and run regulars, but I can't get the security lug nuts off. The Ford place is closed and I'm going to the track tomorrow. There's a slight chance that a guy might have the right key, but if not, is there any way to get them off?
 
0

03Sleeper

New Member
Apr 29, 2003
464
0
0
Fordville,USA
Feb 21, 2004
#2
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #2
FordTaurusSHO94 said:
Skip this paragraph if you want. I stripped a lug nut key about a month ago and bought a new one. It said $23, but I've got a friend there and it cost me $9. I cut my 2 driver's side tires over the summer, so I replaced them with Kumho's. The stock Goodyears are a thousand times better in grip and handling. I had the Kumho's on the front, but they chase the road, so I put them on the back and they just spin. When I go to the track I always swap them and pick up a quarter of a second...

I went to rotate my tires from front to back and stripped my lugnut key. I went to a parts store and bought some lugnuts so I can just get rid of the security nuts and run regulars, but I can't get the security lug nuts off. The Ford place is closed and I'm going to the track tomorrow. There's a slight chance that a guy might have the right key, but if not, is there any way to get them off?
Click to expand...
Dose the Lug stick out past the wheel?
Vise Grips
otherwise Wait and do it the RIGHT way..
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
153
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
O
SOLD FS: 18" FR500 chrome wheels and Toyo tires
  • optionizerSS
  • May 21, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
1
Views
207
Other Classifieds Jun 2, 2026
optionizerSS
O
C
Electrical HELP! 1989 5.0 Stick, Voltage Bleed onto Ignition Trigger wire
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • May 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
323
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 24, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
398
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?