Struts/Springs Fitment Question

Forgive my ignorance.....If I put Eibach Struts part# 3514.84 for 1979-2004 Mustangs on my stock 1985 Mustang GT with 4 lug spindles, then I perform a 5 lug conversion with 94-95 spindles later, will the Eibach Struts still work with the later model spindle and 5 lug conversion? I'm assuming it will work but I wanted a more informed and experienced opinion than mine.

• Sponsors (?)

The pre-87 spindles are thicker. The 87-93 and 94+ spindles are thinner where the strut bolts up. I also believe the bolt spacing is slightly different as well.

A lot of generic, universal struts size the width of the mount for the wider pre-87 spindle and just include spacers.

I don’t have experience on these particular Eibachs. Since they state 79-04 I’m guessing they are the wider mounting flange and include a spacer.

Last edited:
The pre-87 spindles are thicker. The 87-93 and 94+ spindles are thinner where the strut bolts up. I also believe the bolt spacing is slightly different as well.

A lot of generic, universal struts size the wife of the mount for the wider pre-87 spindle and just include spacers.

I don’t have experience on these particular Eibachs. Since they state 79-04 I’m guessing they are the wider mounting flange and include a spacer.
Thanks for the info Mustang 5L5! I looked again on Eibach's website and the pix there look like the kit comes with spacers so I should work for my situation.