• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Sub frame connectors

  • Thread starter Thread starter Moondog2178
  • Start date Start date Mar 27, 2024
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

BlakeusMaximus

Still got to try a little lube on my speedo head
5 Year Member
Jul 12, 2017
2,477
1,349
173
Feb 21, 2025
#21
  • Feb 21, 2025
  • #21
There is nothing wrong with jacking up the car using the subframe connectors. If you have them, that’s where you would do it.
 
Reactions: from6to8

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
1,904
143
94
Feb 21, 2025
#22
  • Feb 21, 2025
  • #22
BlakeusMaximus said:
There is nothing wrong with jacking up the car using the subframe connectors. If you have them, that’s where you would do it.
Click to expand...
Gotcha
 

gkomo

now i can hopefully expect to receive the shaft
Aug 2, 2024
2,287
1,513
133
San Diego, CA
Feb 21, 2025
#23
  • Feb 21, 2025
  • #23
I think he was just saying its worth the cost alone for subframe connectors because you CAN use them as a jacking point.
 

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
1,904
143
94
Feb 21, 2025
#24
  • Feb 21, 2025
  • #24
gkomo said:
I think he was just saying its worth the cost alone for subframe connectors because you CAN use them as a jacking point.
Click to expand...
yes I do have them on all 2 stangs and going to put some on the 331 I'm building.....
 
R

rwordenjr

Advanced Member
Nov 4, 2023
262
376
73
CA
Feb 21, 2025
#25
  • Feb 21, 2025
  • #25
You want Maximum Motorsports part # MMFL-5B
There is no better option and Summit will price match anywhere you find it cheaper.
 

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
1,904
143
94
Feb 21, 2025
#26
  • Feb 21, 2025
  • #26
rwordenjr said:
You want Maximum Motorsports part # MMFL-5B
There is no better option and Summit will price match anywhere you find it cheaper.
Click to expand...
It's all good I'm going with sve though. I understand they're probably the best out there but I'm good with those
 

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,160
4,253
183
Claremore, OK
Feb 22, 2025
#27
  • Feb 22, 2025
  • #27
I will call BS on MM’s being the best. They are one of the best. My Coupe is a full MM suspension car but it has Global West lower subframes and Griggs Racing upper subframes. As long as the subframes are full length and with the rectangular units have a minimum wall thickness of 0.085” they will do what all of them are supposed to do.
 
Reactions: TOOLOW91 and General karthief

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
1,904
143
94
Feb 22, 2025
#28
  • Feb 22, 2025
  • #28
AeroCoupe said:
I will call BS on MM’s being the best. They are one of the best. My Coupe is a full MM suspension car but it has Global West lower subframes and Griggs Racing upper subframes. As long as the subframes are full length and with the rectangular units have a minimum wall thickness of 0.085” they will do what all of them are supposed to do.
Click to expand...
Looks like the sve are .080
 
Reactions: AeroCoupe

Bullitt347

I have been doing it wrong this whole time
15 Year Member
Mar 23, 2007
4,017
3,012
204
Middle of Maine
Feb 22, 2025
#29
  • Feb 22, 2025
  • #29
from6to8 said:
Looks like the sve are .080
Click to expand...
.005 is not going to make a bit of difference.
 
Reactions: General karthief

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
1,904
143
94
Feb 22, 2025
#30
  • Feb 22, 2025
  • #30
Bullitt347 said:
.005 is not going to make a bit of difference.
Click to expand...
I didn't think it would that's why I said I would just go with those anyway
 

Habu135

5 Year Member
Jan 10, 2019
1,241
784
133
California
Feb 27, 2025
#31
  • Feb 27, 2025
  • #31
You'll find that Maximum Motorsports is very supportive Customer Service wise and makes great products. Subframe connectors are a no brainer for first time mods. You may want to research mufflers as it will affect your hearing and neighbors assuming you keep the car long term.
 

TOOLOW91

If you're the village idiot what's that make me?
20+ Year Stangneter
Nov 29, 1999
8,500
8,753
234
S.I.NY
Feb 27, 2025
#32
  • Feb 27, 2025
  • #32
AeroCoupe said:
I will call BS on MM’s being the best. They are one of the best. My Coupe is a full MM suspension car but it has Global West lower subframes and Griggs Racing upper subframes. As long as the subframes are full length and with the rectangular units have a minimum wall thickness of 0.085” they will do what all of them are supposed to do.
Click to expand...
The “ best” way to do it is actually have the subframes welded in/ through the floor but most do not and don’t need to go that extreme

Mine are actually cut into the floor and stitched into the floor pans as well as the frame rails , tq box under the car
 
Reactions: BoostedRed89gt, slow84lx, AeroCoupe and 2 others
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Tranny upgrade
  • Moondog2178
  • Aug 18, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
45
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 26, 2024
mikestang63
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
107
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
P
Tailpipes for '88 GT
  • pindude80
  • Apr 30, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
31
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 13, 2025
pindude80
P
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
539
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
Mid lenght sub frame connectors (straight)
  • Dontknowchit
  • Apr 13, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 14, 2024
bird_dog0347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?