Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
1679280119286.png

So... The portion circled in yellow is the chunk of metal that broke off and created all kinds of carnage. It has broken off of the portion circled in red and is part of an even larger assembly.

I need to go find this thing someplace and wondered if any of you guy knew what the name of the thing is that I'm looking for? :O_o:

• Sponsors (?)

gawd you got some rust issues.
You have no idea until you live in a State that salts the roads and also has high humidity. It was a eye opener for me moving from Washington State to Maine. If you can find a vehicle 10 years old without massive rust/corrosion issues here, it is either an out of State vehicle or they never drive it in the Winter and keep it garaged in the Summer.
I have a 2001 F-250 SuperDuty with 130+K miles. I was offered a lot of money for that truck simply because it was rust free. You just don't see a 20+ year old truck that has a frame that still looks like new.
I got premium $ for my 08' Bullitt because it was rust free.
My wife's 06 Equinox last year sold for almost $8k because it was rust free.
We do brake jobs here, not because the pads are worn out, but because the rotors are so rusted up that the brake pad is only wearing on 1/3 of the rotors surface.
We had to replace the oil pan on a Diesel P.U. because the oil pan had rusted to the point that it was leaking oil through the pan.

I am almost certain this truck was used to haul a boat in and out of the water. Almost all the rust is in/on the rear --and-- it's a rust-belt truck. I jumped on this thing because it's a 3/4 ton with a 6L :)

I grew up in N.Y.C., We moved to Nevada 24 years ago so I not only know about salted streets , he'll I'm the guy who salted them( dept. of sanitation)
It's nice to have rust free vehicles, but I miss fresh seafood.

Status
Not open for further replies.