Suggestions on rear end gears..

low_kal

Dec 8, 2010
I am pushing just under 400rwhp and little over 400ft lbs.

I am having trouble hooking up in 1st and 2nd gears. I have a TKO600 race spec and 410's in the rear now. What gears would you guys recommend i go with so I can finally hook up.

I was thinking 373's then leaning more toward 355's. HELP!!

• Sponsors (?)

I am pushing just under 400rwhp and little over 400ft lbs.

I am having trouble hooking up in 1st and 2nd gears. I have a TKO600 race spec and 410's in the rear now. What gears would you guys recommend i go with so I can finally hook up.

I was thinking 373's then leaning more toward 355's. HELP!!

If the car's a serious weekend racer (e.g.), do the calcs to select gears that put you near redline as you go through the traps in, say, 4th gear.

If the car's a DD, I'd personally suggest no more than 3.73s with that sort of torque.

It sounds like you need to work as much on the rear suspension and tires as you do on gear selection. After all, the "hook up" is ultimately provided by a hand-sized area where the rubber meets the road. What tires are you running? What suspension mods, if any, does the car have?

3.90s get me across the line at redline in 4th gear. I have all the usual bolt ons but it sure ain't no 400 hp. You might wanna go with a lcas and work on your launch with real drag slicks. Forget drag radials with your hp and learn to slip the clutch not dump and run. Your combo looks good on paper,I would work on suspension and rubber personally

Are you N/A?...4.10 should be fine with a set of good sticky tires and some suspension goods. I have 3.73's and just a little over 400 hp (409), heated up I can grab traction on 295 NT05's mid way through 2nd gear (Feathering 1st)..On radials (with them nice and heated) I’ve grabbed at the top of first and 2nd holds (just chirped). I have some upper/lower control arms to help though.
What tire are you running? The size/compound of tire you're running does make a world of difference.