Summit Sport seat color problem. Saddle Interior guys in here.

Str8Pimp'n

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2002
Str8 outta Compton...
Was looking for a seat that closely matched the Saddle Tan interior that my car is equipped with. Was looking at the Summit Sport Seat in what they list as beige but in both their website and catalog shows this color:
sum-g1159b-1_cp.jpg

What I just recieved from UPS was not this color, more like 3 or 4 shades lighter, no where near the color that is shown in the picture.
Called Summit and will have no problems returning the seats and getting a refund, but the salesman says that most likely that large order that they have recieved are all the same color and that checking for a proper color seat would be next to impossible. I don't know what to say about that because on the box the seat came from shows the same color seat that I have now. I will post pics of the seat tomorrow before I ship them off saturday. Live and learn.

Attachments

• sum-g1159b-1_cp.jpg
    sum-g1159b-1_cp.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 638
  • Sponsors (?)

I am pretty sure that would be a common problem.... I have the EXACT same thing....I also have the rear seats...but mine were in it when I got the car, so given the choice, I decided they were ok for now. For future reference, I would like to know the answer to this as well, as Ford had 2 different color "saddle/tan" colors. As you can tell, there is a vast difference when looking from this angle.

View attachment 358051

I am pretty sure that would be a common problem.... I have the EXACT same thing....I also have the rear seats...but mine were in it when I got the car, so given the choice, I decided they were ok for now. For future reference, I would like to know the answer to this as well, as Ford had 2 different color "saddle/tan" colors. As you can tell, there is a vast difference when looking from this angle.

I have a 99 and my saddle is closer to ur seat color as opposed to your trim color. I'm waiting on what is found out here too because I want new seats in my car, but it's hell trying to find saddle colored racing seats.

The seat to me was a little tight but I have a size 38 waist. The vinyl material to me seemed to be a little stiff, but otherwise the seats were not that bad. They are made in China BTW. I have returned the seats and have placed an order for two Arizen Sport seats. More expensive seats but I should have done that in the fist place. Can't beat leather sport seats.