Super Clean II on....

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah my car says 19,000 miles, but that don't mean it hasn't rolled over a few times! The engine has about that many miles on it.

Well, it's certainly different!

The original owner must have really liked it....enough so to get the color keyed belts with it. This is a super clean II, that I would probably only drive at night because of the color.... but enter in car shows, because of its uniqueness!

LXXVICOBRA said:
Well, it's certainly different!

The original owner must have really liked it....enough so to get the color keyed belts with it. This is a super clean II, that I would probably only drive at night because of the color.... but enter in car shows, because of its uniqueness!

Hey, I just noticed that you're located in central NY state. Anywhere near Poughkeepsie area?

BlueThunder:
I'm from the Syracuse area, about 3 1/2 hours from you.

Markysinatra:
I wouldn't take the bashing so seriously. We all agree its a nice car, even if the color is strange. I actually like the exterior to some extent, just not the interior. Black would have been a better choice, and provided needed contrast.
Unfortunatly, when people buy cars llike this initialy , they don't usually think of how it might affect future resale value. This car may sell for a good price, but would likely fetch quite a bit more, and appeal to a greater number of potential buyers, if it wern't the damn color it is.

LXXVICOBRA said:
BlueThunder:
I'm from the Syracuse area, about 3 1/2 hours from you.

Markysinatra:
I wouldn't take the bashing so seriously. We all agree its a nice car, even if the color is strange. I actually like the exterior to some extent, just not the interior. Black would have been a better choice, and provided needed contrast.
Unfortunatly, when people buy cars llike this initialy , they don't usually think of how it might affect future resale value. This car may sell for a good price, but would likely fetch quite a bit more, and appeal to a greater number of potential buyers, if it wern't the damn color it is.

I don't mind the outside, but I don't care for the inside. Funny thing is, it's the same color the interior in my brothers car originally was.

What's even worse about this weird color combo, is that it's not just a 70s thing. When I worked for Lincoln-Mercury, we used to have customers who would special order a green Grand Marquis, with green interior, and then have us send it out to have a green carrige top put on. The weirdness is still in present day.

Well, I see it didn't make the reserve. I can't help but to feel that it's in part due to the color, as the total number of different bidders was ony eight. The car certainly appears clean enough to possibly command more....and it would seem that a more popular color might have obtained that (and possibly meeting reserve), just by the fair odds of being attractive to more bidders.

One thing that I have noticed here upon a closer look, which may have affected things a bit in the eyes of those who were bidding/looking for a clean stock basically unmodified original II...was that the engine bay has been painted black. It's not a big deal, and adds a nice contrast (especially in this case). But, it may have made a difference to someone. Of course, the fact the whole car was repainted may have done to same. With the interior showing so few signs of wear, I'm almost wondering why it was....even though I realize the car is thirty years old and that color always faded terribly if not maintained.