Fox Supercharge, turbo or A/C?

ggradtech

Jun 17, 2016
I have a 93 Coupe with a 351W swap. 95 Lightning motor, stock bottom end and TF heads, intake, full length headers, etc. I'm thinking of adding A/C to the car since I live in Arizona. It currently has nothing left from the OEM A/C, except the evaporator. I don't think I'd do both the FI and A/C. I could basically use the car 8 months out of the year without adding A/C. I'm guessing A/C or FI would probably cost about the same? Maybe the A/C would be a tad cheaper.

• Sponsors (?)

I've had a Hellion powered 92 Coupe. It was a blast. I think you are of the same opinion as me though..... It's damn hot in AZ. A/C is kind of needed here, even for a car that's not a daily driver. It looks like the evaporator lines were plugged-off at the firewall. Would it be possible to somehow "borescope" or use some type of flexible fiber optic camera to look inside the evaporator lines? It's a pretty big job to remove that monstrosity from under the dash I'm sure.

If the factory fox AC system will fit the 351 you can pick up a kit for less than $600 that comes with everything but oil and refrigerant. Yes, pulling the dash to get to the evaporator sucks, but very doable.

If the factory fox AC system will fit the 351 you can pick up a kit for less than $600 that comes with everything but oil and refrigerant. Yes, pulling the dash to get to the evaporator sucks, but very doable.

You can get the HVAC box out without pulling the dash. You need a skinny middle aged stay at home mom neighbor to hold the dash up and away while you slide it out from underneath. Saves you a lot of time and back trouble.

Kurt

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I've had a Hellion powered 92 Coupe. It was a blast. I think you are of the same opinion as me though..... It's damn hot in AZ. A/C is kind of needed here, even for a car that's not a daily driver. It looks like the evaporator lines were plugged-off at the firewall. Would it be possible to somehow "borescope" or use some type of flexible fiber optic camera to look inside the evaporator lines? It's a pretty big job to remove that monstrosity from under the dash I'm sure.

You can scope it if you have one. They even have flush solvents if you want to rig up some hose to flush it out.

But if there is any small debris in there it can quickly clog your orifice.

When in doubt, pull it out. That goes for everything in life.