Supercharged Guys Back In Here Please

ZachMorris

Jun 21, 2017
Hi guys,

Finally pulled the trigger and purchased a used V2 S trim in great shape. Kit comes with “heavy duty race bracket” that includes smog pump delete pulley. Pullies it’s running 3.1 Reichard and 6.75 crank, also has a 4 inch power pipe and came with Lucas 42lb injectors 95Mm Pmas maf and Aeromotive 340 fuel pump. I was told the kit was making about 12lbs I’d boost.

I currently have a built motor roughly 10 years old though and around 35k on it specs are as follows -

Factory 5.0 Block, Stock Forged Pistons with High Tension rings, honed bores.
ARP rod , main bolts and head studs
Stock 5.0 oil pump
Balanced bottom end
Comp Cams custom cam 218in/220ex degree .512/.512 lift/114 lobe centres
Ford Motorsports roller lifters
Edelbrock Performer Aluminum heads 1.94/1.60 valves
Chambers reshaped and blended at valve seats
Multiangle valve job
Cut for Felpro wirelock head gaskets
Intake ports matched to Felpro 1250 intake gasket
Exhaust Port walls blended from cnc port opening into runners
Extrude Honed Ported
Comp Cams dual valve springs
Crane HD pushrods
Ford Motorsports Cobra intake manifold
Ford Motorsports 65mm Throttle body

Where I’m torn is if I should delete the smog pump with the bracket or remove that portion of the bracket and keep it?

Also how do you guys feel about throwing 12lbs at that motor ? Everything else on the car is built beside the WC t5...I’m planning a TKO next year.

• Sponsors (?)

Whether to delete the smog or not? I would and never look back. You will be pleased with the "elbow room" that is created by making the change from the pump to the delete pulley.

With respect to the boost amount, I am pushing 12 pounds of boost on a stock short block with no ill effects (that I am aware of). Unless your heads are milled, I believe your chambers size is 60cc. I am running TFS 11R heads with 56cc chambers on mine so I wouldn't think compression will be an issue with stock pistons. You could always buy a 3.8 blower pulley and start there (6ish lbs boost estimate) and work your way up as your comfort level improves. The 42 lb injectors will most likely be operating at nearly maximum capacity with the setup as you bought it. How will you be tuning it?

Understand that just because that setup reached 12 pounds of boost on the sellers car, doesn't mean it will make that on yours. Boost is simply a measure of resistance, therefore if your setup flows better, your boost will be less and vice versa.

I am also running a stock T5 and it is surviving well, but I don't launch it hard. I only get into boost from a roll.

Thanks for the input...I might go with a 3.3 and aim for 8-9lbs and work up from there.

I’ll be taking it to a local mustang shop to be dyno tuned once it’s done. Will deleting the smog pump throw any dash codes ?