supercharger questions..help

4.6L97

Apr 25, 2008
mesquite
As some of you guys know..I recently purchased a Ford Racing supercharger (the old SVO blower M90)....I'm not going to have the time to install the blower and get it tuned in the same day...I only get one day off a week and go to school. Anyways I was talking to Archie at Lonestar Performance in Dallas off of Forest Lane and Jupiter I believe....anyways he said I could install the blower and hook up everything including the belt that drives the blower...put in my sock injectors and stock MAF...then tie the vacuum valve open..he said it will not allow the blower to make boost and I could drive around for as long as I wanted till I go and get it tuned...at which that point I'd install the bigger injectors/90mm MAF etc.......is that true.....would I have a vacuum leak or anything? Would that work?

Also would 30lb injectors be safe for 8psi on this blower? he said any bigger would be overkill.....

anyone have experience with this blower?

• Sponsors (?)

I myself wouldnt be too comfortable doing that at all. Maybe with a turbo or centri where you dont need to worry about boost for a while, but either way driving around for a week with a blower without a tune makes me uncomfortable.

you can do that i have a crappy powerdyne and i am able to do the same thing. however i don't think you should use the new belt that you will need for the charger, you should use the stock belt. that way you are not useing it at all. where you have a different charger(intake) than mine (centrifical) i'm not sure if it will affect the way your car will drive. but if you retard your timeing about 10 degrees and take it easy you should be ok if you run the charger. how much boost are you expected to run? i'm at only 6lbs w/stock injectors and am tunned at 10 degrees retaded. well what ever you do use supper unleaded or it will detonate (pinging noises from the engine) if you hear that back off the throttle.

:SNSign:
you can do that i have a crappy powerdyne and i am able to do the same thing. however i don't think you should use the new belt that you will need for the charger, you should use the stock belt. that way you are not useing it at all. where you have a different charger(intake) than mine (centrifical) i'm not sure if it will affect the way your car will drive. but if you retard your timeing about 10 degrees and take it easy you should be ok if you run the charger. how much boost are you expected to run? i'm at only 6lbs w/stock injectors and am tunned at 10 degrees retaded. well what ever you do use supper unleaded or it will detonate (pinging noises from the engine) if you hear that back off the throttle.

oops! your running 8lbs and 30lb injectors, you probly only need 24lb injectors, but i would'nt go more than 30lb. you may only need to retard the timeing 8 or 9
degrees w/8lbs of boost.:nice:

:SNSign:

oops! your running 8lbs and 30lb injectors, you probly only need 24lb injectors, but i would'nt go more than 30lb. you may only need to retard the timeing 8 or 9
degrees w/8lbs of boost.:nice:

What are you talking about? People run 42lb injectors with the standard vortech S-trim setup at 8lbs of boost. You can never go too big on injectors. Would you rather have plenty of fuel or not enough, causing lean conditions? 30lb injectors are fine for that amount of boost and power, but I'd run 42lb just to be safe. Also, you don't need to retard the timing. If the IAT's are fine and you're running colder plugs, you shouldn't need to back off the timing. Stock injectors and boost is not a good idea.