supercharger?

AA02gt

New Member
Oct 22, 2006
23
0
0
im looking for a supercharger, i am looking at a procharger. the guy told me it makes 438 rwhp and 402tq would a stock mustang gt be able to go this route? or would i risk blowing it up>? any help apreciated thanks
 
I went the procharger route. I got the p1sc-2. This IS a different blower than the p1sc. I also did cobra tank and pumps, power pipe, and a couple other little things. The car made 427rwhp and 425 rwtq. This was with no timing into the car(left at 13*) and on a safe tune. Ive put about 4000 miles on the car and the only problem Ive had is the fuel rails leaned out which the tuner told me would happen. The motor never blew up thankfully. The car turned 438rwhp with 18* timing but to be safe was turned down, so the potential is definately there. This was all done on stock block, cams, and heads also. The motor is now being built from the bottom end up and I will be shooting for 600 rwhp.
 
I went the procharger route. I got the p1sc-2. This IS a different blower than the p1sc. I also did cobra tank and pumps, power pipe, and a couple other little things. The car made 427rwhp and 425 rwtq. This was with no timing into the car(left at 13*) and on a safe tune. Ive put about 4000 miles on the car and the only problem Ive had is the fuel rails leaned out which the tuner told me would happen. The motor never blew up thankfully. The car turned 438rwhp with 18* timing but to be safe was turned down, so the potential is definately there. This was all done on stock block, cams, and heads also. The motor is now being built from the bottom end up and I will be shooting for 600 rwhp.

You only picked up 11hp from 5 more * of timing? Leaning fuel rails at only 427rwhp? There are lot of cars pushing 600 with stock rails. I made 431 with my fuel stock fuel rails, stock heads, cams, intake and exhaust manifolds. I also found a small leak and now average 2 more psi and added longtube headers still no leaning out. By my traps and full weight, a 121 trap should put me around 450. I just ordered SC cams and I have no intentions of upgrading the fuel rails.
 
I thought this was weird too with the rails leaning out, but when check engine light came on, we checked the code and it was the rail sensor. I dont know whats up with it, but Im not gonna chance blowing up my motor, so its getting new rails and bigger feeder lines. It might not have been 5*, might have been 3*?? I cant remember