Suspension setup suggestions

kpack5982

Yeah, it was pretty stiff, but eventually a buddy
Jul 13, 2005
Granger, IA
I know there is all kinds of info via a search, but I'm looking to narrow down my choices. So here goes the questions:

I am going to get some steeda full length subframes. They are a little more pricey, but I think they are actually more "form fitting" than some of the cheap knock-offs. Is there any other products out there that may be cheaper, or rather more inexpensive, but of equal quality?

I'm looking at shocks. I am thinking kyb non-adjustables, and this being just a street driven machine, would I want the adjustables, I mean what would it really benefit me?

As long as I am doing shocks I figure why not uca and lcas as well. Any advice on some good quality, but inexpensive control arms? I was thinking steeda as well, but there are so many companies out there, that I don't know. I like the mm cc plates I got, so maybe they would be better as well.

Overall I am just looking for an overall better performing car, may go to the strip one time, if ever, so nothing too crazy in mind.

Oh yeah, forgot, is it easier to use a spring compressor or a jack to put tension on the spring to get everything apart and together?

• Sponsors (?)

just about anything is better than stock. I would go with steeda or maximum motorsports. I have also heard that JBA is good for the money. I would stick the non adjustable shocks unless you are going to be doing a lot of auto-x or other racing.

Just did a toxico strut/shock and spring combo on mine (about 99% sure the springs are eibach pro kits). The ride is nice and firm but not to harsh. Great for an all around street driven car. But there are better, more expensive shocks out there. I would compare the toxico and kybs equally.

I just purchased a set of Lakewood traction action lca's. They are going on the car this weekend. Won't be able to tell you have the feel as the motor is also comming out this weekend.

I can tell by the way they are made that they are faily similar to the HPM mega jrs that I had on an old 93 lx. Only the lakewoods have a few advantages. They are adjustable like the hpms, they have poly bushings like the hpms (only two piece) but they have the extra bracket that goes around the axle to help pre ld the susp and they have a grease fitting for the bushings, something the hpms did not have. They also don't require u to use spacers if you choose a lower setting.

wow, wonderful insight! I actually have a buddy who has some lakewoods on his car, but I totally forgot about it. i'll have to give him a buzz and find out, but judging by the specs, looks like something I'm interested in. Thanks for the help!