Sve 5.0 Top End Kit

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't get to high end of a intake with that head just because they don't flow much but for what they are I think a gt40 intake that's ported and polished would work well with those heads

I'd buy tfs heads instead but if you're getting the x heads I agree with mike. I do think the gt40 intake is really good looking. It's not great for performance though. It also costs a fair amount. There are intakes that don't match up well with the higher ports on the x heads as well

When coupled with the right parts x heads are pretty good. They don't need fancy head work, just a valve job. I've seen cars that pack x heads NA on stock 302's that would outrun many of the cars here with better heads.

Would i pay $1200 for a new set? No.
But it's not unreasonable to find a used set in the $600-$750 range. Sometimes even less.
Good value at that number, just not at $1200+

My 94Gt with FRPP GT40X heads, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Crower 15511 baby cam, 1.72 Rockers, 70MM TB, Pro-M 80MM MAF, Full length 1-5/8" Headers, 2.5 Prochamber, MAC 2.5" Cat Back, 24lb Injectors made 292HP / 312 TQ at the wheels. Everything right out of the box. Then I slapped a Vortech S-Trim on it later combined with an RPM Edelbrock upper, 455HP. Then sold it all went stroker 347.

MustangSupercharged.jpg

I didn't mean to imply x heads are complete crap. They just aren't as good as tfs/Afr heads. I personally would spend the extra money for a better product.

Reactions: 1 user
If memory serves me right, The X heads had fitment issues with certain intakes due to the higher intake ports? Bear with me as I'm working on 4 hours sleep after flying through a :poo:storm of snow and -15 weather.

a friend of mine i go to school with is running the sve top end loves it has longtubes h pipes maf injectors cai does pretty well running high 13s with a slipping clutch and almost bald tires just going over that line to having completely bald tires