SVE Heads

• Sponsors (?)

Craigs list P heads are few and far between. The crazy thing is that they are $400 untouched and they sell same day. I will find a cheap set some day just going to wait

A couple years ago, I couldn't sell a set of GT40P's at all. I ended up dropping the price down to $40 before someone scooped them up.

Now they are $400 heads? Damn I wish I kept them now.

Personally, I'd look for the earlier 3 bar castings just to eliminate any problems with spark plugs and header clearance. I've heard there are workarounds, but that's just what I'd do.

Pisses me off that I actually had a set of 3 bar heads from that 84 vert I used to have. Even had the Trick Flow spring kit set up and they were ready to go. For some reason that I don't recall now, I had them on the tail gate of my truck and forgot about them over night. Went to leave the next morning, still forgetting about them until I got to work. I had a patient to take care of right away, then afterward left and backtracked my route. They were no where to be found.....

So THAT'S why I'll be in the market for a set of heads. Otherwise I'd have everything for my vert to go ahead and tear into it.

Reactions: 1 users
Without aftermarket pistons, if you planning on running those 20 degree heads with 2.02's, figure on renting the Isky valve notching tool, or get good with a Dremel.

We'll see what happens if and/or when I actually buy them and mock the engine. It'll be some time before that happens so a lot can change as far as plans go. But if need be, the years I spent as a toolmaker before changing careers after the economy tanked in '08 gave me plenty of practice with a grinder. But I'd probably opt for a notching tool just for the simple facts that it's easier, faster, and more easily repeatable. Honestly, it makes me miss having a full shop at my disposal vs the limited tool selection I have at home. If money were no object...... :shrug:

made with the best Chieesium. Price out the cost of good valvetrain parts and you will see why AFR and TFS cost more, and even those head out of the box often need a going through

Cheap because someone already did the heavy-lifting of engineering and testing. All you have to do is copy that work and source it to a certain place, and bam! Cheaper by a lot.

That's got to stop.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone seen any dyno results or engine dyno results for the AFR enforcer as cast heads? I know there was a thread on them here a while back but I don't recall anyone buying them. $1080/pair for assembled 185cc heads. And have the AFR name behind them. Was considering them instead of a pair of TFS TW170 heads, but would love to hear about any experiences before pulling the trigger. Not a ton more than what the SVE heads were selling for when they were available.