SVO lost it's innocence

Pro-Hawk

Dec 4, 2003
West Texas
Well I desided to take the SVO to school today since a) I haven't drove her in a long time and b) the LX was blocked in by other cars. After school I was own my way to a pawn shop to see about a cheap shotgun for my mom to deal with my sister's deranged XBF :nonono: Anyways along the way I ran across a ricer which is how my girl lost her quite inocence :( I killed the guy before I ever got into second gear but I hit a small bump in the road with my muffler :eek: I guess it was hanging low from a broken hanger. Anyways she is down at the muffler shop getting fit for a 3" exhaust :nice: She will no long have the quite sound I feel in love with that only came alive when she started ripping Honduhs a part :(

• Sponsors (?)

mr_woodster said:
kudos to your exhuast shop if they pull off a full 3inch exhuast. Hopefully you already have a downpipe in 3in ...most places shake there head's and have no clue as to how to make that work.

It's Done !!!!

This thing sounds way better than I thought it would, even when I get into it. Dang this thing spools up so much quicker also, it's like learning to drive it all over again.

The exhaust shop was able to make a very nice 3" DP. I was very worried about this part but it turned out very nice. I only had them do a 3" to the muffler because I'm going to buy some mandrual bent "U"s to go over the rear axle

Asha'man said:
What kinda shotgun were you gonna get?

Ash

Well before you laugh, keep in mind it's for a house full of women. Also I want something her girls could shoot without blowing their arms off. So I'm wanting to get a 410 pump shotgun or a youth model 20ga. They have to be pumps since it's universal sound and hopefully will just scare the guy off. Now I will say while I was at our local gun dealer he had a side by side 20ga that I just have to have :D I know I'm all for the 12 gauges my self but this thing rules :nice:

Red_LX said:
What kind muffler you runnin?

It's a Hooker Aero Chamber :nice:

I'm sorry but I had to have something besides a flow master :rolleyes: The flows are nice but crap everyone has them now days. Anyways this thing sounds pretty close to what the car did stock at idle but when you get on it, there is a real nice smooth flowing sound which can get a little loud.

Pro-Hawk said:
Well before you laugh, keep in mind it's for a house full of women. Also I want something her girls could shoot without blowing their arms off. So I'm wanting to get a 410 pump shotgun or a youth model 20ga. They have to be pumps since it's universal sound and hopefully will just scare the guy off. Now I will say while I was at our local gun dealer he had a side by side 20ga that I just have to have :D I know I'm all for the 12 gauges my self but this thing rules :nice:
:lol: am i the only one who thinks it's funny that you're worried about the recoil when this would be used as a self defense weapon?

Cougar said:
:lol: am i the only one who thinks it's funny that you're worried about the recoil when this would be used as a self defense weapon?

Umm good point!

They have my old 375 magnum right now and if need be it can do the trick. They will be using a gun for more than just self defence though and why I would like a gun they can shoot without breaking there arms. The desiding factor on me getting a shotgun was they found a rattle snake by the door a few days ago :eek: Inlight of what you wrote I think I will go with a youth 20ga shotgun since these pack a punch and are easy to get :nice:

Pro-Hawk said:
It's a Hooker Aero Chamber :nice:

I'm sorry but I had to have something besides a flow master :rolleyes: The flows are nice but crap everyone has them now days. Anyways this thing sounds pretty close to what the car did stock at idle but when you get on it, there is a real nice smooth flowing sound which can get a little loud.

I almost got Aero Chambers for my car but decided on the Max Flows instead (figured hey, more flow in the exhaust is better right? :)) The max flows sound nice and burbly when you're just cruising along, but when you get on it they can really scream. Still not as loud as the turbo though...hehe

Red_LX said:
I almost got Aero Chambers for my car but decided on the Max Flows instead (figured hey, more flow in the exhaust is better right? :)) The max flows sound nice and burbly when you're just cruising along, but when you get on it they can really scream. Still not as loud as the turbo though...hehe

Did you notice if you could hear your turbo more once you did your exhaust? I can hear mine spinning a lot more now at just idle but not like major spooling since it's not under any real load.

Pro-Hawk said:

Especially in light of your other reply, the pump 20 sounds like the best choice. Although...I've never shot a pump shotgun, I don't know how they kick. But my single-shot Savage 20ga kicks harder than my Browning 16ga auto or my dad's Remington 12ga auto, just because all of the recoil is going straight into your shoulder instead of being used to eject the shell. Something to keep in mind...:shrug:

Ash

Asha'man said:
Especially in light of your other reply, the pump 20 sounds like the best choice. Although...I've never shot a pump shotgun, I don't know how they kick. But my single-shot Savage 20ga kicks harder than my Browning 16ga auto or my dad's Remington 12ga auto, just because all of the recoil is going straight into your shoulder instead of being used to eject the shell. Something to keep in mind...:shrug:

Ash

In my opinion this is the order of what kicks less to more..

A) Auto ( way easy)
B) Pump (Med depending on the load)
C) break barrel. (kicks really good even on small loads) **

I've shot them all in just about all common gauges and thats how I feel about it. A break barrel with a 3" chamber can be murder on your sholder depedning on the load your shooting. Now if you hold a shotgun on your side you want feel as bad of a recoil but this is only for like close up on your target.

** if you can shoot a break barrel ( single, over/under, or side/side) you can shoot a pump :D **

Bullpup's

Steyraug.jpg

images

ok don't let kiddiccarus fool you either. The reason why there wasn't much typed with that post is because of the truth....I met him at the track and was he carrying one of those around with him. Funny nobody asked him to put it away either. :)