Swapping engines...Anybody ever swapped ABS into a Non ABS New Edge?

Farva_84

Nov 21, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Hey everybody. After 12 years of loving my base 02 V6, I'm finally swapping to a 4.6. The donor car is an 02 Premium GT with ABS and TCS. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the brake system. I was just going to swap the hydroboost and hook up my old brake lines, but I figured the computer would unhappy without the ABS sensors. I just want to check and see if anyone has ever swapped the whole system over. I"m going to have the entire interior and dash out while I swap so I'll have access to the whole wiring harness. Thoughts?

• Sponsors(?)

tsemmett

Jul 2, 2019
US
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, but it does require more than just the electronics. There should also be a distribution block in front of the radiator, as well as sensors/rings at each wheel (on the axle in the rear and on the wheel hub up front), and all the hard lines.

Farva_84

Nov 21, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Yeah, I'm dropping the engine while still on the k member so I'll have the front hubs ready to swap. Rear axle swap is no big deal so I would have the rear hubs in place as well. I was mainly checking to see if anyone who has swapped the harness has any thoughts, tips, or tricks.