SWAPS

YAV8

Nov 11, 2018
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
I find it of intrest to hear people complain about some one putting a GM motor in a ford vehical. I do not hear the same complaints when some one intalls a 9 inch or a 8.8 in any other vehicals for the performance of said part. I never hear any one complain when some one installs a PG or a th350 or 400 trans behind a ford of mopar because of the advantage. I think all of the big three factory race cars come with a mix and match of parts. I have done the 9inch in a GM and a SBC in my fox. All for the safety and performance advantage of the mix. What do you think

• Sponsors (?)

85ragtop

BTW, I like dudes.
Mod Dude
Nov 29, 1999
NC
Honestly I've never understood the point in it. I've owned Camaros, Mustangs, El Camino's, and a host of others. Never saw a point in putting an engine or transmission from another manufacturer in any of them. That's just my opinion. I couldn't care less what someone does to their auto. It does get bloody irritating when people come on a mustang forum and ask advice about a shoving an ls in their fox though.

YAV8

Nov 11, 2018
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
I was thinking along the lines of making it bigger, faster, stronger and safer. I don't see after market builders starting out with weak parts to build into something for performance applications. Do I replace the 7.5 in my S10 or my fox with something stronger. Yes I did, both for safety and reliability. Is their a trans that wont break if I beat the hell out of it week after week at the track. Might not be the one that came from the factory BUT they make adaptors to make it fit. I also see people that are show and shine at car shows that think tire cherping is where its at. When I was younger it was hold my beer and watch this. Now its sit down shut up and hang on.