T-5 Swap Wiring

dbdragracing

Dec 1, 2004
I just removed my AOD and installed a T-5. The transmission/clutch are installed. Now I just have to reinstall the exhaust and do the wiring. The transmission (used) came with two harnesses hanging out of it. Im guessing one is the reverse lights, but what is the other one? Also with the neutral safety switch in the dash...do I just plug these two together? Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

ttt...I really want to get this car started...here is a picture of the wires Im talking about:

48.JPG

if i remember right the one on the side is for the reverse light stuff and top is for the neutral safety junk. to bypass the netral switch, under the dash on the clutch pedal theres a "brown?" plug with 2 wires, cut a peice of paperclip or use a fuse and stick in the pluf , you can start your car without the clutch being depressed that way. if it was me i'd find the harness for a 5 speed car from a j/y its plug and go:nice:

What are the two plugs in the dash over the pedal assyembly that are not connected to anything? The jumper you are talking about...is it on the clutch pedal itself? Thanks for the help.