T56 in a fox

• Sponsors (?)

The T56 is on my wish list of upgrades. Did you use the 7 o’clock bell-housing? What headers did you use? Why did you go hydraulic on the throwout bearing?
For me; I want the 9 o’clock, I have BBK 351W swap headers and I want to keep the cable for the sake of simplicity. But I am in the planning stages and can’t afford that trans yet.

Great question Nelz. I bought the D and D Performance kit. It came with a 7 o'clock bellhousing which totally interferes with any long tube header.

Options were to go shorty header, find a 9 o'clock SBF to T56 bellhousing or omit the cable and fork and convert to hydraulic.

I installed a Magnum this spring. I run BBK 1 ¾" long tubes and it was definitely a pita but I got her in there. 7 o'clock clutch fork is only option. I massaged my header where needed and shortened the new clutch fork by about an inch. Factory speedo cable reaches on the Magnum also incase anyone was wondering or was told different. I had to shorten my driveshaft by exactly 3". I'm very happy with my new 6 speed transmission and having peace of mind that it will hold up to whatever I throw at it is nice.

Reactions: 1 user
CHILL347...
This is something I need. Not want... need! Haha! Did you have to buy an install kit? How much did this cost altogether? Crossmember? I’m assuming you went with the 8031 bell... I can’t believe you have to buy the bell housing for close to $800 AFTER buying that transmission. Clutch fork?... I am hearing 94-95 clutch fork. Which gearset did you choose? What is your differential gear ratio? First gear in my 3550 is a blip and then it’s done I think I want a taller first. Also top gear for the 3550 is probably close to the .63 stock but I do use top gear. I will attach my top gear pull video. I need the .80 fifth gear that the magnum has. As you can see I really want and need a magnum t56. Very happy for you. Maybe a pic of your ride?.. or install pics?
View: https://youtu.be/4YSL_hxWhKs

CHILL347...
This is something I need. Not want... need! Haha! Did you have to buy an install kit? How much did this cost altogether? Crossmember? I’m assuming you went with the 8031 bell... I can’t believe you have to buy the bell housing for close to $800 AFTER buying that transmission. Clutch fork?... I am hearing 94-95 clutch fork. Which gearset did you choose? What is your differential gear ratio? First gear in my 3550 is a blip and then it’s done I think I want a taller first. Also top gear for the 3550 is probably close to the .63 stock but I do use top gear. I will attach my top gear pull video. I need the .80 fifth gear that the magnum has. As you can see I really want and need a magnum t56. Very happy for you. Maybe a pic of your ride?.. or install pics?
View: https://youtu.be/4YSL_hxWhKs

It isn't cheap. I'm in Canada so in CAD it cost me $7500 for everything. Only thing my kit didn't come with was a shorter driveshaft so I had to measure once the trans was in and then take my driveshaft to get shortened. Yes SN95 clutch fork which I had to modify because of my longtube headers. I opted for the close ratio version so 1st gear is taller. I'm running 3.73's out back. Stifflers trans crossmember. QuickTime SFI bell, not sure the number. Did a McLeod RST dual disc clutch and love it.

If you go to the tech section I made a post about my install there named T56 Magnum install '89 Fox.

IMG_5599.JPG