Progress Thread Tanner's "there's Probably A Name For This Illness" Builds Thread

My reading comprehension skills must be slipping. I thought you already had a title. Oops. And the wheel figment makes sense now also. Didn't intend to come off as a-hole-ish before if I did. So carry on sir.

My reading comprehension skills must be slipping. I thought you already had a title. Oops. And the wheel figment makes sense now also. Didn't intend to come off as a-hole-ish before if I did. So carry on sir.
You didn't come off that way. But a-hole'd-ness is welcome in this thread!
I bounce back and forth between ideas and vehicles so often it's pretty much a free-for-all in here.

Reactions: 1 users
Some of us just like...cars.

You didn't come off that way. But a-hole'd-ness is welcome in this thread!
I bounce back and forth between ideas and vehicles so often it's pretty much a free-for-all in here.

While others of us just like tearing them apart and selling them off as salvage.

*please note the smiley*

Got the chance to pick this truck up really cheap. 68 F250
2wd 390FE and a 4 speed.
I've always loved the "speed shop parts hauler" look and I think it could be a cool little project with disc brakes and nice wheels. Love the paint like it is
Supposed to be a completely solid truck with the exception of the floor pans ($100 new) and a little wiring

I think I'd want to do a crown vic front end conversion and move the gas tank if it's behind the seats like a c10 and have a cool little cruiser.
(Got this damn ls1/t56 staring at me too but I wouldn't put that in a ford )
I think I'd really prefer a c10 or an f100 but they seem to be quite scarce.

For $800 or so it's worth looking at

That's what they all say...

Reactions: 1 user
I hate to reference them but Gas Monkey always flips the 67 Ford trucks and puts the crown vic front end in with an updated motor and they always turn out super nice! Good choice.

So long as you take that show as entertainment and not as serious car builders your won't be disappointed in the end.

Realistically in about 5-7 years I'm going to be in the market for one, a 4wd long bed and lifted!!
That Aaron has actually built some pretty cool rides in the past but yeah the show is strictly for entertainment.
Personally I love the big spike in car related shows.
The big downside now is every idiot with $1,000 in his hands thinks he's Richard Rawlings and tries to buy your $15,000 car for $800 and a tshirt

Don't forget to throw a 6 pack of Miller lite into the deal and his knee's will get weak.

Aaron is awesome, love everything about the guy and that awesome Falcon that he turned into a road course corner carving beast.

Picking up an 01 4wd ranger tommorow. Needs some suspension work but should make for a healthy flip.
Also going to have a 69 fastback in the garage here in a couple weeks.
Not mine, although I wish it was.

Cars gonna get a motor refresh. Going to see what the cost of a 4 wheel disc conversion will be and hopefully we're gonna get an appointment lined up to paint it.

Cars got a 60's 302 in it needs some life put back in it. Way cool car though.

If I only do one thing well it's staying busy

Reactions: 1 users
Not that you asked us, but your asking price is low for all that you are selling.
What stuff are you talking about? The trans am?

F-body guys blow my mind. Try to sell the ENTIRE car for 3k and I'm told "it has no title man it's worth $500, you're an idiot". You can drive it, you can shift it, every single needed part is there.

I take it apart, buyer now has no way to tell how good it runs, mileage and gets far less stuff.
"You should be asking $3-4k for the drop out" told by 10 different people.
Then I'll sell the body parts. I just don't understand people.
Had planned to take it to LSfest tomorrow but they haven't contacted me back in time

View attachment 181955
Runs fine!