tech help needed

just bought a 98 gt coupe. im planning on doing a hotchkis 2" drop with koni struts and shocks all the way around. my question is, will 17"x10.5" with 315-35-17 tires fit under the back, also, will 295-35-18 fit under there as well on a 10.5" rim.

thanks for the advice.

P.S. is this a good suspension set-up? open for suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

Hotchkis is a great company. My friend has some of their stuff on his impala ss. And koni has been around forever, just a little expensive for their higher line stuff. You might think of going with a 30 series on the back and 35 on the front. with a 295 wide tire 30 is plenty to protect your rim and it will give you a tiny bit more clearance. Good luck.

why not? they are reputable names that have been around forever. it seems like a good idea. what would you suggest?

Just wanted to know why, it is more of a GM setup then it is Ford, the usual (better performing combos) for a mustang is bilstien HD's and some H&R sports

Only downfall about Koni's is the lack of time for replacements if anything does go wrong with them, other than that their a sweet company

hey umm i got the eibach pro kit under my ride but the kit was further modified by the previous owner it seemed 2in wasnt enough so he went another inch in the front and 1.5in in the rear but the 2in drop from the pro kit is awesome but its all in how much $$$ you want to spend

Welcome!
Use the search function - tire size and clearance has been addressed many, many times.
I've got Hotchkis LCAs on my 02 - they were the only ones available on a Saturday locally Kinda felt like I had to buy something quickly as the bushings in the Steeda LCAs were destroyed, the rearend felt like it was going to come out from underneath me.
Anyway, FWIW, I'm impressed with the quality of these LCAs. I'd rather have MMs, but these are nice...Hotchkis, as stated, has been around a long time and have a good rep.
I think Koni were the norm with old school Stangs, but today, with late models, it's typically Eibach, Bilstein, Tokico, etc.
Take a look at www.maximummotorsports.com, open your wallet and enjoy! They aren't the cheapest, but most regard them as the best (in Mustang gear).