tech question about BBK catalytic H pipe.

jaymac

Feb 18, 2004
Northern Mass
Yes, I searched already. So, now, here's the question:
On the website, the picture shows no air tube on the catted H pipe, but rather 2 bungs.
On the X pipe, the pic shows the air tube connecting to both cats, and then merging to the sinlge air tube pipe.
I've attached pics for reference, though I know pics sometimes differ from products...
ANybody know what the deal is? Do I have to fab and weld on air tubes to those bungs. Cuz that would suck. I'd like to tkae it out of the box and bolt it in.
I don't want to have to work for it :)
If that were the case, I'd rather go X, and pay the extra $ and try the sound out, just so I don't have to make my life harder (I'm so lazy)
Anybody have solid info on this?
Thanks

Also, regarding the H pipe,the website says "Available for 1986-93,94-95 and 96-98 GT & Cobras (5 speed only)" Does anyone know if "5 speed only" is referring to the Cobras, or all years and models, perhaps due to the placement of the cats?
Thanks again,
J

Attachments

• H pipe.jpg
    H pipe.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 99
  • x pipe.jpg
    x pipe.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Sponsors (?)

jaymac said:
Cool, thanks. DO you have one or have seen one in person? If so, how do you or they like it as far as quality goes?
Also, do you have any idea about the 5 spped vs. aod thing?

I just put a catted BBK H pipe on my 94 cobra and the air tube did not match up with the tube from the smog pump that goes to it. I had to cut the air tube from h pipe and weld it back on at the angle which it would fit. Kind of a pain without a lift. Having a welder is also very convenient. Very nice rumble with 2 chamber flowmasters!