teksid swap, questions

Zinc2000GT

Founding Member
Aug 29, 2000
Phoenix, AZ
So i might have the possibility of getting a teksid block from a 98 lincoln mark viii. What would be involved in swapping into a 2000 GT with the windsor 2v heads? This is assuming new forged internals for the aluminum block.

• Sponsors (?)

You may have one bolt hole in the front cover which won't line up. I did. If that is the case, you can drill a hole, tap it and put in a shorter bolt than the others. I don't remember the length, but it worked well for me. Don't drill into the water chamber behind it! Just get enough threads to get the bolt in and hold it with some loctite. You really don't even need the bolt for strength, it is more for plugging that hole so it doesn't leak. Also, different oil pickup, different coolant tube under the manifold in the valley. No biggies though.

You may have one bolt hole in the front cover which won't line up. I did. If that is the case, you can drill a hole, tap it and put in a shorter bolt than the others. I don't remember the length, but it worked well for me. Don't drill into the water chamber behind it! Just get enough threads to get the bolt in and hold it with some loctite. You really don't even need the bolt for strength, it is more for plugging that hole so it doesn't leak. Also, different oil pickup, different coolant tube under the manifold in the valley. No biggies though.

No problems running 2v heads?

Don't drill into the water chamber behind it! Just get enough threads to get the bolt in and hold it with some loctite. You really don't even need the bolt for strength, it is more for plugging that hole so it doesn't leak. Also, different oil pickup, different coolant tube under the manifold in the valley. No biggies though.

Not True, you CAN drill it all the way thru and just use some PST to seal it up....I used an 8mm stud and it's worked fine for 8 years:nice:
and the pump & pick-up tube are both different between a SOHC & a DOHC