Terrible Engne vibration

PickupMan

Founding Member
Jan 30, 2000
Hazleton, Pa
Got a question regarding engine vibration. Looking at purchasing a 94 GT and the engien damn near wants to jump out of the car. I checked for bad cylinder, spark fuel all is good. I went to check the timing and the marks wern't even close to where true TDC was. If cyl 1 is at TDC rotor is pointing at 1 plug wire but the balancer markings are almost on the other side of the balancer. Could the Harmonic blancer have spun, wore out, broken key?? It seems like that's the problem but never heard of a balancer going bad.

Any info as to where to look if it is or isn't the problem.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Got a question regarding engine vibration. Looking at purchasing a 94 GT and the engien damn near wants to jump out of the car. I checked for bad cylinder, spark fuel all is good. I went to check the timing and the marks wern't even close to where true TDC was. If cyl 1 is at TDC rotor is pointing at 1 plug wire but the balancer markings are almost on the other side of the balancer. Could the Harmonic blancer have spun, wore out, broken key?? It seems like that's the problem but never heard of a balancer going bad.

Any info as to where to look if it is or isn't the problem.

Thanks

NEVER HEARD OF A BAD BALANCEr!!!! WHATTTTTT?????

Thats your problem bud.

Picture1935.jpg

Wow that was quick! Honestly I can say I never heard of a balancer going bad...atleast in a newer car. I'll have to get down and take a better look at the balancer. It was late when I looked at the car but it's clear that YES they can and do go bad!!!!!

Wow that was quick! Honestly I can say I never heard of a balancer going bad...atleast in a newer car. I'll have to get down and take a better look at the balancer. It was late when I looked at the car but it's clear that YES they can and do go bad!!!!!

Just feel behind it for rubber if you feel rubber its bad... pick up a pioneer for about $70 they are of good quality.:flag:

Well I picked up the car last night and first thing I did was check the balancer...well it was bad. tore it apart and the damn near fell apart. I pulled the one off mt other 5.0 and fixed it! Once again thank you!!!