Engine TFI relocation kit

91GTstroked

15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2007
Hey guys,

I just bought the MRM mk3 TFI relocation kit. Does anyone have pictures of it installed?

The instructions suggest buying a new TFI module as well. Also trying to decide where to mount the sink.

Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_20190730_185323378_zpsr26ztedz.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Please document this whole install if you will and post it in this thread. And on a side note....the kit should come with Arctic Silver 5 thermal transfer paste. Please be sure to use it as intended. I'm sure you know that but I just want to make sure. Hope to see the whole process as you do it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
So I just found this thread you posted in....looks like there's plenty of pics in there?

So I just found this thread you posted in....looks like there's plenty of pics in there?

Thanks I forgot there where pictures. I had to click on the tabs.

How to make one has been here for many years.

The TFI issue is that Ford decided to ignore temperature coefficients of semiconductors. The TFI limit was about 250degF. The external surface temperature of the engine can rise above this limit. Newer TFI's have a higher temperature coefficient, so distributor mounting is not the issue it was.

Last edited:
i just installed their lower end MK2 kit just in front of the passenger side strut tower. That's as far as the supplied and factory harness would reach. I wish the harness was longer so it could be tucked away. I think the Fattfox version comes with a 9 foot harness vs 4 foot for the McCully Racing. I can post a pic later today.

i just installed their lower end MK2 kit just in front of the passenger side strut tower. That's as far as the supplied and factory harness would reach. I wish the harness was longer so it could be tucked away. I think the Fattfox version comes with a 9 foot harness vs 4 foot for the McCully Racing. I can post a pic later today.

You can request longer lengths. I should have, would be nice to get it out of the engine bay.

Please post a picture when you have a chance. I may install my kit soon. I bought a new motorcraft TFI module to go along with the kit.

I plan on installing msd box tomorrow so can post a pic then. I meant to order the Fattfox one but doing a Google search for TFI relocation the MRM popped up first so I ordered that one, wasn't until after I ordered that I saw I ordered the wrong one. It works just fine just would've preferred the wire tuck version. My bad for jumping the gun on the first thing that popped up.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks good vrm71. I did a little mock up where I think I'll be installing mine. I think it will stay a little cooler further up front. Might only get two mounting screws on.

I do like the location you put yours in, did you go with factory harness length? Did you mount the ground wire to one of the mounting screws?

IMG_20190823_000501434_zps3hrsbj13.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Well I installed the kit. Starts right up, runs for a few minutes then shuts off. I installed a new motorcraft TFI module with the kit.

Installed it back to it's original state and the car stays running. Makes me wonder if the new TFI module is bad.

Last edited:
Well guys just reinstalled the kit again. I returned a new motorcraft TFI module because it was defective. Put the old one that I know works on the heat sink.

I haven't road tested it yet, hopefully soon.

IMG_20190829_012046619_zps3la8ljmu.jpg

IMG_20190829_013015243_zpsrzy7mxag.jpg

IMG_20190829_013021897_zpsy5vl1ldz.jpg

IMG_20190829_013705315_zpsimnytf4j.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Looks fantastic great job. What do you think of the MRM Mk 3 TFI relocation kit? I think you can get a longer wire to run it closer to firewall or inside the car under the dash . I'm going to get one and put a fan on the heatsink from my PC. How do you like those SVE rad hoses ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Looks fantastic great job. What do you think of the MRM Mk 3 TFI relocation kit? I think you can get a longer wire to run it closer to firewall or inside the car under the dash . I'm going to get one and put a fan on the heatsink from my PC. How do you like those SVE rad hoses ?
I like the kit, seems to work well. The radiator hoses were installed by the previous owner. They work well, but I do prefer the stock looking ones.