Tfs R Series Craigslist Find

if it were me looking to spice up a street car a little without getting caught up in a full expensive build.. I'd just pickup a used vortech Atrim or Strim, pulley upgrade, install a walbro 255 fuel pump, 42 or 60lb injectors, MAF of choice, holley systemax2 intake or keep the gt40 and find a reputable tuner to tune the car.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

if it were me looking to spice up a street car a little without getting caught up in a full expensive build.. I'd just pickup a used vortech Atrim or Strim, pulley upgrade, install a walbro 255 fuel pump, 42 or 60lb injectors, MAF of choice, holley systemax2 intake or keep the gt40 and find a reputable tuner to tune the car.
Well what would be different from the V3 si I’m looking to get vs the A or S trims you are talking about? With the V3 I could still do the pulley changes to get more boost as well right? Was planning on using 47lb but think I may go 60lb, with pro m 80 and get the Aeromotive 340 fuel pump, aero fuel pressure regulator, and idk if I should swap out to better fuel rails or if the stock ones are ok? If i should upgrade what are some that I should look at? Also are fuel pressure gauges needed?

Fuel rails and lines are good to around 500rwhp which is arguably above what the stock engine block will take(for any long term use). The other parts you mention are good(60# inj are what I’d use).

Reactions: 1 users
Well what would be different from the V3 si I’m looking to get vs the A or S trims you are talking about? With the V3 I could still do the pulley changes to get more boost as well right? Was planning on using 47lb but think I may go 60lb, with pro m 80 and get the Aeromotive 340 fuel pump, aero fuel pressure regulator, and idk if I should swap out to better fuel rails or if the stock ones are ok? If i should upgrade what are some that I should look at? Also are fuel pressure gauges needed?

I mentioned the S or A trim head units because they are older and can be had at a much cheaper price but very efficient. Of course you could with a new v3 si and swap pulley for more power later one. Same goes for a used S or A trim kit. generally if you ship your head unit back to vortech for rebuild they rebuild to the v3 spec now.

I had issues getting the 42lb injectors dialed in and jumped to 60's and it was piece of cake. So based on that reason my opinion would be to skip to the 60's if you don't already have injectors plus you'll have more room to grow with them later on. The 340 pump is good or you could get by with a walbro 255/boost a pump combo and no need to upgrade the fuel rails and lines with your power levels. You will need an adjustable fuel pressure regular, aeromotive's is nice, holley's is dog:poo:. No gauges are mandatory but I would suggest a boost gauge and a fuel pressure gauge for piece of mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I mentioned the S or A trim head units because they are older and can be had at a much cheaper price but very efficient. Of course you could with a new v3 si and swap pulley for more power later one. Same goes for a used S or A trim kit. generally if you ship your head unit back to vortech for rebuild they rebuild to the v3 spec now.

I had issues getting the 42lb injectors dialed in and jumped to 60's and it was piece of cake. So based on that reason my opinion would be to skip to the 60's if you don't already have injectors plus you'll have more room to grow with them later on. The 340 pump is good but you could get by with just a walbro 255 and no need to upgrade the fuel rails and lines with your power levels. You will need an adjustable fuel pressure regular, aeromotive's is nice, holley's is dog:poo:. No gauges are mandatory but I would suggest a boost gauge and a fuel pressure gauge for piece of mine.
Awesome, Are there any other brands you’d suggest or going with Aeromotive a good move.