The gem isn't working on the car

So I got a v6 car and I put the engine transmission from the donor 4.6 gt car . I changed the pcm and the bcm to the 4.6 . The steering column I changed to . My problem is the wipers and the door locks don't work now . I've changed the bcm with one that's been tested good and it didn't help. I'm wondering where the power and ground wire locations are for the gem so I can make sure they are good

• Sponsors (?)

So I got a v6 car and I put the engine transmission from the donor 4.6 gt car . I changed the pcm and the bcm to the 4.6 . The steering column I changed to . My problem is the wipers and the door locks don't work now . I've changed the bcm with one that's been tested good and it didn't help. I'm wondering where the power and ground wire locations are for the gem so I can make sure they are good
Both cars are a 2000 model

I've got an 98 which lacks a GEM, but I was able to find this thread that suggests that the GEM ground is near the left side of the console, where the radio grounds to. Wmburns is usually active here, so hopefully he'll reply with more detail if that doesn't point you in the right direction.

The GEM is grounded behind the center console along with the radio and several other important sub systems.

If this were my car one of the first tests recommend would be to see if the GEM is able to "talk" to an ODB2 scanner. However it will take an advanced ODB2 scanner. If there are any DTC codes stored in the GEM this could be an important trouble shooting piece of information.

Here's some information on an affordable Windows based unit that will talk to the GEM and other modules.

ForScan ODB2 scanner w ELM327 USB

The GEM is grounded behind the center console along with the radio and several other important sub systems.

If this were my car one of the first tests recommend would be to see if the GEM is able to "talk" to an ODB2 scanner. However it will take an advanced ODB2 scanner. If there are any DTC codes stored in the GEM this could be an important trouble shooting piece of information.

Here's some information on an affordable Windows based unit that will talk to the GEM and other modules.

ForScan ODB2 scanner w ELM327 USB
Do you know where the power comes from for the gem

The GEM has several power sources depending upon the sub system. F2.7 (courtesy lights), F2.26 (wipers), F2.19 (door locks), F2.43 (window CB).

Basic power F2.39 GEM. But frankly I don't understand why you wouldn't just check all of the fuses.

Also just wondering. Do any of the "other" GEM functions work? For example the delay off courtesy lights? This might give clues about the basic operation of the GEM.

I would also be concerned about the GEM programming (mating) to the PCM and cluster. Which is another reason why i think that finding out if there are any stored GEM DTC codes is the way to go. Not to mention that with an advanced ODB2 scanner it's possible to "ask" the GEM what inputs it's receiving as well as find out what the GEM output commands are.

1999-2004 MY fuse panel schedule:

The GEM has several power sources depending upon the sub system. F2.7 (courtesy lights), F2.26 (wipers), F2.19 (door locks), F2.43 (window CB).

Basic power F2.39 GEM. But frankly I don't understand why you wouldn't just check all of the fuses.

Also just wondering. Do any of the "other" GEM functions work? For example the delay off courtesy lights? This might give clues about the basic operation of the GEM.

I would also be concerned about the GEM programming (mating) to the PCM and cluster. Which is another reason why i think that finding out if there are any stored GEM DTC codes is the way to go. Not to mention that with an advanced ODB2 scanner it's possible to "ask" the GEM what inputs it's receiving as well as find out what the GEM output commands are.

1999-2004 MY fuse panel schedule:
I have checked all the fuzes they are all good . Not completely sure what all the gem controls the car doesn't have a dome light and the dash the speedo and tach works . Blinkers work .