Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, it happened again. I lost all my motivation, or rather, re appropriated it into the house to get ready to sell. Not sure where/when we are moving yet, mainly waiting on the right property to pop up I suppose.

At any rate, I bought some shielded wire a couple weeks ago, soldered it to the crank trigger and fished it through the engine bay to poke inside the car. I'll tie it to the MS and start on a new trigger bracket, even though I don't think there is anything wrong with the one I have. I may try to work on it tonight. Assuming none of this works, I'm going to throw in the towel on this experiment. I don't have the time to mess with it and really just want to drive the car, so that'll be my focus.

I'm half tempted to buy another A9L and a new, unhacked harness and just go back 100% factory.

Reactions: 1 user
Last night, I hooked everything back up for the DIS, ran a dedicated, shielded line from the crank trigger to the MS, and twisted the key - No crank signal. Not sure what I missed, but I missed something. The battery was dead anyway, so I gave up for the night. Will try again tonight.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
So did I miss what happened with the tfi setup? Did it run on that or did you say efitol and went back to the multi coil?
Nothing happened. I couldn't get a tach signal in, so I assume the TFI was bad and I wasn't about to waste any more money on something I had no intention of using.

Instead, I doubled down on some shielded wiring to run to the MS to ensure that there was no interference with the crank signal coming into the MS. For whatever reason, I wasn't receiving the signal last night. I'll pull the MS back apart tonight and double check it all. I know I wired the +12v, ground, and signal correctly, I triple checked everything with the volt meter. The issue has to be inside the MS.

Wow! So what was the problem all along?
Yeah.....I gotta know. What was the problem, Did you fix it, and if not, and if Steve helped to fix it.....Oh ho ho man.......
That dude is so owed......
It was the shielded wire. The crank signal was getting too much interference. Added the shielded wire and it fired up immediately. No cough. No sputter. Just ruh-ruh-VROOOM

BUT - Steve had a massive part in all of this. By no means was any of this possible without him.

It was the shielded wire. The crank signal was getting too much interference. Added the shielded wire and it fired up immediately. No cough. No sputter. Just ruh-ruh-VROOOM

BUT - Steve had a massive part in all of this. By no means was any of this possible without him.
I am so freakin glad to hear that... I know that you are so relieved to know that you are on a path towards being able to drive it,...and as for Steve,.......
People need to start recognizin.

I never tried to start mine w/o having that wire as a shielded componenet. ( It woulda had a carb on it by now if it didn't)There must just be a butt load of noise under there,..(you should see how freakin much my TPS was moving around...
Before Steve.

I am so freakin glad to hear that... I know that you are so relieved to know that you are on a path towards being able to drive it,...and as for Steve,.......
People need to start recognizin.
Relief is the word. I haven’t felt this relaxed in ages.

I made that video, shut the car off, turned out the lights in the garage, and have been sitting on the couch with a cocktail, smiling like an idiot ever since then.

It runs.

Reactions: 2 users
No.

image.jpg