The Journey To Find A Fox. Found A Cobra Instead.

Got a new antenna today
27BFB74F-FAC5-4614-9659-0A3E5D9D41FA.jpeg

It will replace the ridiculous looking shorty one. The cobra is at a detailers shop right now getting a paint correction done, so no antenna install today.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I have a shorty antenna, I think it looks way better than the one the stands 3 feel above the hood. What do you hav the antenna sitting on?

Took it to the SVTOA rendezvous in Tacoma Wa at Griots Garage. I was the only 93 Cobra there. I had lots of people talk to me, never that much when I had a classic Mustang. Also, paint correction is done.
E12181FB-792B-4AC2-ACD4-9AAEA652ECE6.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
I don't hate the wheels in black, I just think the polished ring is a bit much. Way too thick for a 17 inch wheel.

Did someone mess with the springs or is it the camera angle, looks to have a lot of rake. Something about it just doesn't look right.

As for the antenna.
Be wiser than I clearly am, I bought an 8in, (at least I think it was 8), because when I put the car up on the lift the antenna hit the ceiling. Well, I didn't read the directions and used a wrench on it, which the directions stated NOT to. Barely any turn and broke the bottom off in the base.

Got some stuff from amazon for the black trim. Called Solution Finish. It’s a trim restorer. Gets great reviews from pro retailers so I thought I’d give it a whirl. Just tested a spot for now, I’m running on 4 hours of sleep for the past 48 but I couldn’t help myself.
C6E90674-7066-4693-99C1-40530143D6FF.jpeg

Testing it on my hatch trim. It is faded compared to the front. Here is the hatch.
CE5BB813-810E-46E8-A5D2-B4185C9AC393.jpeg

Here is the front trim for comparison
9ACC6DEA-CD72-416C-B8FD-29A552CF6FAA.jpeg

The directions say you don’t need to mask, but it will stain non coated paint, so I masked anyway and here it is with the solution finish
3110F483-2A77-4A0C-B7E0-C13D80DA1DC3.jpeg

Once you let it set for a few minutes you rub off the access with a microfiber and here is the finished product.
0C4B7349-EE23-4255-A41C-BF92724EE66A.jpeg

Not a drastic difference in just a small area, but once the whole piece is finished it will look better. This stuff is more of a permanent fix, especially if you’re not out in the weather all the time and sure beats pulling trim off to repaint. I’ll do all rubber/trim pieces and report back!

Reactions: 1 user
Replaced the license plate lights and found this
6C8AA6E4-032E-4AE5-879E-F852534A29C4.jpeg

Had to get some pliers to get the remnants out. The Lens was melted also. LEDs installed and it still works. The socket itself is kind of soft, I may buy some new ones to replace it just because it will bug me knowing it’s like that.

Reactions: 2 users
For the good of the day
C829B7CF-5BA5-437A-8145-88C98E538951.jpeg

1 of 3 1993 Cobras in attendance and maybe 10 or so other svt cobras there. Some really nice Terminators.
Now for the bad...
9A62FC76-24E1-4FA9-A701-0D553B173E9B.jpeg
This thing was the one thing that went wrong today. I have to press disarm to unlock the ignition. Worked flawlessly first thing this morning. New battery also. Went to fill up, had to press disarm and nothing.. took me about 15 mins of walking around pressing disarm at different angles, holding it to my chin. Nothing. Then out of the blue I hear a “chirp” meaning it disarmed. Hopped in, went to my house, grabbed the spare remote and battery just in case then went to my buddies house. Same thing happened, just took a little bit to finally disarm. Same again when I’m leaving the show, and same thing when I dropped my buddies fiancée off who rode with me. Get the cobra home and into the garage and try to disarm it again for giggles and again I hear nothing... ugh. Wait a good 15 mins and I try it from inside the house and voila, it disarms!

Any gurus with the Ford dealer added security system experts out there?? I would rather just get rid of the thing, but I don’t want to be ripping wires out and cutting them out.

So I did find this button under the dash.. I’m thinking it’s the “valet” button but I have no idea what it does.
1282A0E1-39DC-44F7-8F72-0E6FD4FEA746.jpeg

I wish I knew if the alarm was simply just a plug and play being from ford, but I doubt it is.