The Journey To Find A Fox. Found A Cobra Instead.

Jeff’s car got me:nice:
2593090A-DB84-4ADC-AA09-ECC6D449E599.jpeg
Man that looks good!

• Sponsors (?)

The description is horrible. Do you use sealant on it? If so, what kind?
Depending on how rigid it is, I might try to use that super thin read stuff that I've used on PD blower gaskets (the name escapes me).
Does everyone use sealant for the throttle body to egr(intake for me) gasket? There was none on mine when it came off. With most gaskets, I usually use the gasket tack sealant stuff that you brush on, I think it’s dark reddish.

I’m guessing these would work in the dome light, but I can’t remember if these are the ones that get too hot? I have a diode dynamics led bulb in there, but it doesn’t get very bright. Was cleaning out the garage and stumbled across this.
737B1C00-5D7E-4951-9DB8-835D5AE853A6.jpeg

Got the PCV and vacuum tree installed. Took it indoors and am gonna let the thread sealant dry for a bit. I take it the PCV and vacuum tree don’t have to be super tight especially since it’s aluminum?

Not too happy with the cobra plaque. It hangs over the mount considerably on every edge, unless that’s how they are supposed to be. It’s from 5.0 Resto, maybe I should have bought an NOS one off of eBay.

10-12ft lbs for the upper to lower bolts is what I’ve read, sequence from center out? I really need to get a manual.

Excuse the mess! My workbench isn’t the biggest!

61DA2707-6C30-4F9B-A0AA-B682B9C450A3.jpeg

Just snug the tree. Do not over tighten it, or else you’ll be hitting up karthief for the tubular you sold him and asking him to sell it back to you. :doh:

So I found my fuel evap canister hose laying next to my valve cover. Had a red golf tee in the end (at least it matches the paint). Would have thought that would have thrown an engine light not being hooked up? Should I hook it in the cobra intake or just leave it capped?

Last edited: