The Journey To Find A Fox. Found A Cobra Instead.

The big variable with interior paints is the variable that is hard to really account for - UV exposure.

The paint might have matched 25 years ago when the plastic was fresh off the mold, but time takes its toll on plastics. Go look at an old doorbell and you'll see that familiar shade of ugly old yellow.

I think it looks fine. 99 out of 100 will never notice it. Plus you saved your original anyway

• Sponsors (?)

So after driving the Cobra for a few months, I’ve noticed a few things that bug me.. other than the alarm.

Driving at highway speeds I have a vibration in the steering wheel around 60-70 mph. Could be wheel balance, alignment, or something else I’m not aware of.

When I brake hard, this car nose dives big time. As far as I know the suspension is stock, meaning springs, shocks, struts and sway bars. I know Cobras have rear springs from a 4 cyl and the front sway bar is smaller. I’m thinking a mild suspension upgrade may fix that. I don’t want anything too low or harsh, although it sits a bit high in the front.

I have some winter projects lined up. Getting the cobra wheels repainted will be one, which I will get re balanced afterwards. I also will most likely get new springs and shocks so an alignment will be in order also. So hopefully these projects will take care of those things!

Looks like I have to start looking at Maximum Motorsports stuff.. darn

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
6422BB4F-FDBC-4A08-889E-B400AEC7ECB1.jpeg

Motorcraft battery looks more at home in here. So long green top interstate. Hadn’t started it since October, battery was very dead. Had 4 Volts when tested. Damn ford alarm.

• Loved It!
Reactions: 5 users
4739A6E3-407F-48A2-89AA-105933C6F3FA.jpeg 8A2F6B47-AD38-49A6-B1B4-82EFB3A789CA.jpeg
Any trick to getting the upholstery off the seat back? Gonna fix the gangster lean

Unclip the bottom. On the front there is usually Velcro up the verticals sides of the center insert and possibly hog rings up at the top.

Basically put the top Down on the ground and peel the cover down slowly. Nothing secures the back side but try not to rip the Velcro out of the foam

Reactions: 1 user
Well I figured it out. Just peeled it. I brought the seat back inside for a couple hours to warm up which helped a lot. I’m recovering from pneumonia and a sinus infection and am not full strength but can’t sit around for too long.
5FB5182E-6A45-4783-BEFA-7FFE3BBAF1DE.jpeg
2ED9AEE3-324A-475B-8B9F-D342C2B477FC.jpeg
6C955F0D-8166-407E-B50A-E6B178E06BEA.jpeg
51731AEC-4E4B-4E0D-ABC2-32ED9082B986.jpeg

D03B691E-8124-4E00-B56A-40907B340914.jpeg

Unclip the bottom. On the front there is usually Velcro up the verticals sides of the center insert and possibly hog rings up at the top.

Basically put the top Down on the ground and peel the cover down slowly. Nothing secures the back side but try not to rip the Velcro out of the foam
Pretty much did all that before I read your reply. I didn’t see any Velcro. It has new foam so maybe that’s the difference?

I welded up the old seat backs that were in my car. Made a huge difference. Would be nice if someone made reinforcement plates for fox seat backs. If you lean back too hard they will crack and get that gangsta look.

941CEEC1-8FC0-403A-9D28-9525A5C83AC7.jpeg
Anyone know if the stock shift bezel would fit the hurst boot? I don’t have the original bezel, otherwise I’d try it myself. Getting tired of the hurst logo, but love Everything else for the old school look.

Yes, I am using my stock bezel with that same shifter and boot, because I also didn’t like the logo.

I welded up the old seat backs that were in my car. Made a huge difference. Would be nice if someone made reinforcement plates for fox seat backs. If you lean back too hard they will crack and get that gangsta look.

Reaching back for your wallet contributes to bending the seat I think too.

E46F1E36-E10F-4BB9-9FC0-D88A32F58CC1.jpeg

All fixed. Turns out all of the spot welds on the bottom were broken. The friend I took it to has a spot welder and added a lot more. Added more spot welds around the frame also. Crack was welded also. Super stiff now.

Put it back into the car and man oh man what a difference. The seat is now comfy.

Reactions: 3 users