The low-down on transmission options...

Trav4011

Jan 3, 2006
Well, my T45 has been giving it's death whine for about 4-5 months, now.. It's whining in every gear, except for 4th.. which leads me to believe that it's a coupler bearing. I can spend a couple hundred bucks, and fix it.. or, spend some money to get something stronger. I have a D1SC kit on the way (replacing my old P1SC), and I really want to get this taken care of before I put the D1 on.. My goals is around 450-500whp tops.. (built bottom end going together this fall).. My head is spinning from all of the transmission options out there.. What's a solid, decently priced combination for this power level? I guess I could just pick one.. but, I really only want to do this once.. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Get the TKO600, it handles 600lb-ft of torque, enough for just about any forced induction setup. You will need a 26 spline clutch to go with it, and may as well do a steel scatter-proof bellhousing at the same time. You could do the TKO500, which maintains the factory 10 spline input, and handles 100 lb-ft less torque, but the gear ratios in the 600 are more forced induction friendly. The whole setup should cost you less than $2500.

My buddy has a Viper T56, with bell housing, Spec stage III clutch, and hardware, for 1500.00.. I might scoop that up..

What else is involved in installing the T56?

Travis