Roush The Saleen Store at the Irvine Spectrum

• Sponsors (?)

It will be open shortly.

They are going to offer a number of different things. Complete 50 state S351 complete or partial drivetrains with blowers, sportsman blocks etc. They will have complete 84,85-86 full ground effects (correct fiberglass pieces for early cars, and big wings in any color. They will also offer complete 87-93 ground effects and brand new grey Flo Fit interiors with door panels and net headrests all at amazingly low prices.
Also there will be XP8 hoods, ground effects, carbon fiber interior and NOS floormats. There will be a very large wheel section including the very rare Logic 17's, Speedlines and as many sets of 1 and 3 piece Stern wheels for the taking. Also plenty of stock of 18x10 magnesium wheels in white and silver. There will also be complete carbon fiber hoods for all SN95 cars and continuation SA-10 hoods.
I also heard that they will be offering complete 1989 SSC continuation cars turnkey. (sorry, special order only) :D

Oh, sorry, April fools.... :jaw: oh it's July. Damn. If only. That would be the day.

Sorry, could not help myself.

For the original poster, not sure when the real store will open but I'm sure there will be lots of keychains, Saleen T shirts, ballcaps and Saleen stickers.
Honestly, that's about all they will have there. Oh, and maybe a few Fast and Furious models.

You had me going...literally

Dude I started reading your post and I was like oh $#!T, and for a second I wanted to go wait for the store to open right now, like all the Star Wars fanatics. So yeah you got me man!!!!!!! Geeeze that would be sweet for them to re-introduce some of their discontinued items and a couple more surprises. For example floor mats and the recaro seats. But then all the fun would be taken out of collecting certain items. So, Mr. Saleen if this ever gets to you, thank you for making me an ebay addict, trying to collect anything that has your name on it, and for my empty wallet. But I'm still smiling at the sight of any SALEEN.

marcus95 said:
It will be open shortly.

They are going to offer a number of different things. Complete 50 state S351 complete or partial drivetrains with blowers, sportsman blocks etc. They will have complete 84,85-86 full ground effects (correct fiberglass pieces for early cars, and big wings in any color. They will also offer complete 87-93 ground effects and brand new grey Flo Fit interiors with door panels and net headrests all at amazingly low prices.
Also there will be XP8 hoods, ground effects, carbon fiber interior and NOS floormats. There will be a very large wheel section including the very rare Logic 17's, Speedlines and as many sets of 1 and 3 piece Stern wheels for the taking. Also plenty of stock of 18x10 magnesium wheels in white and silver. There will also be complete carbon fiber hoods for all SN95 cars and continuation SA-10 hoods.
I also heard that they will be offering complete 1989 SSC continuation cars turnkey. (sorry, special order only) :D

Oh, sorry, April fools.... :jaw: oh it's July. Damn. If only. That would be the day.
Sorry, could not help myself.

For the original poster, not sure when the real store will open but I'm sure there will be lots of keychains, Saleen T shirts, ballcaps and Saleen stickers.
Honestly, that's about all they will have there. Oh, and maybe a few Fast and Furious models.

DAMN!!! That's cold Marcus. I'm sure DarkStallion95 isn't the only person who's heart was beating a mile a minute when they read that reply!! OUCH, that was rough........

I really didn't want to touch this post, since I've always been a Saleen Inc apologised (might be misspelled). Lets just say, this is yet another situation that Saleen has talked up but not delievered on! What faith I had in the corporation is pretty much dead. I think that is really sad when they can promise so much and deliver so little that it turns even the hardest Saleen enthusiast against them.......

marcus95 said:
Sorry,

I couldn't help myself. That would be my dream shop. Of course all of this Sh** I have rat holed would be worth a lot less money but......:D

.....You know how much demand there is for all that stuff listed, Saleen would make a frickin fortune on that. But what do we know, we're just the consumer who wants the damn stuff. We don't have business degrees, so we don't know what we're talking about nor have the "knowledge" to run a successful business.......:nonono:

LOL! I was reading that reply and thought "holy $h!t" I'm going to have to make a drive down south ASAP! Especially with the Magnesium Wheels... That was cold but as I was reading and knowing Saleen's past and present... there is NO WAY that would ever happen.:nonono:

s351rspeedster said:
DAMN!!! That's cold Marcus. I'm sure DarkStallion95 isn't the only person who's heart was beating a mile a minute when they read that reply!! OUCH, that was rough........

I really didn't want to touch this post, since I've always been a Saleen Inc apologised (might be misspelled). Lets just say, this is yet another situation that Saleen has talked up but not delievered on! What faith I had in the corporation is pretty much dead. I think that is really sad when they can promise so much and deliver so little that it turns even the hardest Saleen enthusiast against them.......

Exactly, Robert.

I've always been one of their staunchest defenders, too (I don't want to refer to myself as an "apologist"). However, some of the stories I've heard from various sources combined with some of Saleen Inc.'s business decisions, has truly made it more difficult to do so.

While I can understand the direction the company has chosen to go from a strictly business perspective, I am quite disillusioned that they have apparently forsaken all of we Saleen enthusiasts who have supported them from the beginning.

It has always been my opinion that the beginning of the end of Saleen as we all once knew it was when the S7 was introduced. The focus of the company completely changed after that event & with it came an atmosphere that was dismissive of the Fox body & SN95 cars/owners.

But I suppose that is what is known as progress... :(

Hey Guys! Just thought I'd confirm what Dennis already said/wrote! I just got my Invitation today for The Grand Opening of The Saleen Store!:D July 29, 2006 Grand Opening 10:00AM-10:00PM CELEBRATE THIS SPECIAL DAY WITH US. A DAY OF FUN, GIFTS AND LIVE ENTERTAINMENT. According to the Saleen Invitation-The Saleen Store will be offering: Cars, Apparel, Test Drives, Accessories, High Performance Parts, N20 Bar and Race Simulators, but I'm sure a couple of these are only for the Grand Opening! I've seen the inside of the Store and love what they've done so far:nice: , it'll be a fun day, One I will definately not Miss and I hope to see some of you guys there!

S351R"Animal" said:
Engines, motor mounts, harnesses, headers, etc..

....HEADERS! Scott, I still need a set of headers for the 95. What do you got for me. I tried ordering through Steeda but the set they sell is discontinued through Ford Racing and the alternate header they have is through JBA. I've already got the JBA headers and from what I hear, they like to crack on a daily bases. Already have that problem, I want to cure that!!!!

sorry for the hijacking of the thread, but until I actually see Saleen DO something they say, I won't hold my breath.........

dotbomb said:
Hrm may have to stop by the festivities to check it out. If they are selling cars you got to wonder how happy that makes the local dealers though. Nothing like killing your distribution channel by selling direct.

.....I don't think they will be killing the distribution channel with this store as I really doubt they will be selling cars or parts from this location. The only thing I would "count" on them selling from this location would be clothing and accessories. As for the parts division, about three months back, I interviewed for a sales position with them to help them "revive" the aftermarket parts division. An old sales rep was back on staff and he wanted me to assist him as we both have a pretty good knowledge of the older parts Saleen use to use. Needless to say, I'm back with my property management company and he only stuck around for a month before he left again. Don't count on them reproducing any parts older then 99 stuff and that might be a stretch as well. Again, I've been the Saleen apologist for years, but even now I question every move they make......

s351rspeedster said:
.....I don't think they will be killing the distribution channel with this store as I really doubt they will be selling cars or parts from this location. The only thing I would "count" on them selling from this location would be clothing and accessories.

Yeah that's very likely and my post was more me thinking out loud and kind of doubting the car/parts idea.

However, it would make sense for them to schedule test drives there to get people hooked. They could have a demo car and save the dealers the hassle of worrying about keeping their cars below 150 miles + delivery on the odometer (which is the point in which the warranty starts to kick in). I guess we'll see soon enough.

I'll stop by the store for sure. I have a $100 credit to spend on swag from filling out my customer survey.

Seems to me Saleen would realize that their older Foxbody and early SN95 cars are getting some age on them and need restoration parts and they could either offer the parts themselves or at least farm it out to a resto shop like 5.0 Resto. Could you imagine placing an order for everything you need to restore your car and it actually be available and you wouldn't have to hunt ebay or convince someone else that is holding on to the last known OEM Saleen part available. If it wasn't for Scott (the animal) I wouldn't of found the correct boost and fuel pressure gauges for my center vent.
Oh what a dream that would be, call up 5.0 resto and order a set of correct 87-88 floor mats please!!! :)