The Young and the Ignorant

merc123

Jan 27, 2003
North GA
A buddy and I went out to eat and we come out and there's 3 "kids" standing around my car. Upon getting in my car the following conversation insued:

Him: Nice car, is it fast?
Me: It's ok.
Him: What's it got in it?
Me: 4.6
Him: Is that a 302?
Me: No, 281
Him: Oh, small V6 huh?
Me: Yeah, small V6.

Him to his friends: Yeah, I dunno I might be able to take it. I could probably keep up with him.

*insert loud exhaust vroom as I crank it up*

Him: Yeah, I can keep up with it.

I don't even bother asking what he has and just drive off. Not really worth the time or effort, but what a dumb look my buddy and I gave him.

• Sponsors (?)

What a tard... haha. I can remember being like 12 or 13 and talking to Mustang guys about their cars, and have a clue of what I was talking about.

I know a few people like that, I dont even bother to correct em because instead of learning something they just get offended by what im telling them. Example, local races... It was my GT and my freind 04 GT as the only Mustangs. Guy running the race asked me where all the 5.0's were at, cause they would put a hurting on us all. I said my 4.6 has more power stock than a 5.0, and unless it was a notchback that it would be an interesting race. He proceeded to ask me if I had any work done to my 5.0 after that... so I told him it was a 4.6 again, just incase he didnt pick up on it. He tried telling me it was a 5.0 after that. Kinda sad.

Amazing still how i get the "Is that a 5.0" comment all the time.

The 5.0 hasn't been in a Mustang for 11 years!

At the same time it's impressive since i own a 5.0 Mustang and love how people still remember it :)