Theft chimes

Hello from the U.K., currently under lockdown so not much happening, but, yesterday when I had to move the car to get into the garage/workshop I noticed something different. Up until now as soon as the ignition key is pushed in fully into the lock the “theft” chimes begin and continue until the ignition is switched on, now the chimes are silent until the ignition is switched on. The car still starts ok and moves under its own power, can’t get out in it while still under lockdown. There’s a new fully charged battery on the car so it shouldn’t be that as a cause. Just a bit puzzled.
Bill

• Sponsors (?)

That is weird. The chimes go off when the car is started though right? I would remove the leads to the battery for an hour then re seat them. See if the time without any voltage may reset it to where it is supposed to be. I wonder if there is something going on with the ignition switch itself here with it thinking it is in the opposite position for some reason.

As I said, intermittent, up to now everything is still working, as in the car cranks, starts and moves under its own power, but when the key is inserted into the ignition the chimes do not start, only when the key is turned to the on position do they begin, but the next time the key is inserted the chimes begin straight away, the engine starts as normal every time,
Puzzled Bill

This could be your ignition switch behaving oddly - Mine does similar stuff from time to time. I have to replace it evenutally, at the moment the heads are off so I can't really test.