Think I can use Sea Foam @ 50,000 miles?

BlackenedSVT

Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Think its ok for me to use Sea Foam in my 02 GT with 50,000 miles on it?

I heard you have to do an oil change after you run the sea foam through your car...and im about to do an oil change today, so i was thinking of maybe using this can of sea-foam 1st. What do you all think...is it safe to use at 50k, or should i wait until im at like 65 or 70,000 miles?

Also real quick, which cavuum line did you all use to suck the sea-foam up with? The rear line going into the plenum? I'll just attatch my own hose to the plenum vacuum lines to suck it out of the can with of course.

And did you all use the whole can? The can itself only recommends using like half of it, but i wasn't sure if it varried on 8 cylinder or 4 cylinder applications, etc.

Thanks for any and all input guys :nice:

(yes i'm aware of the sea foam thread going around, but its 80 pages long and i just wanted some quick input, so dont bother hassling me about not posting this in that thread) :p

• Sponsors (?)

it is safe, i dont think you have to do an oil change unless you put it in your oil which alot of people dont recommend anyway, but im sure it couldnt hurt. put half a can in through pcv valve connected to the manifold(line running from the left valve cover with a plastic tube). dont even really need a hose just kinda pour and should suck right in.

pour in real slow or your engine will just sieze up and cut off. put other half in your full gas tank.

Mine has 67k on it and I use SeaFoam every 3k when I do oil changes.

I use it three ways every 3k:
-I add one can to a full tank of gas
-I add 1/2 can to the oil and change it 100 miles later
-I add 1/2 can to an intake vacuum line and smoke out the neighborhood :rlaugh:

Kilgore Trout said:
Mine has 67k on it and I use SeaFoam every 3k when I do oil changes.

I use it three ways every 3k:
-I add one can to a full tank of gas
-I add 1/2 can to the oil and change it 100 miles later
-I add 1/2 can to an intake vacuum line and smoke out the neighborhood :rlaugh:

:eek: dont you think that is a bit excessive?!?! LOL

The PCV the line running into the BACK of the plenum?

(by back i dont mean the EGR, i mean if you're staring directly at the plenum from the front of the car...im talking about the vacuum line "behind" the plenum, closest to the firewall...is that the PCV vacuum line?)

UDTBadkarma said:
The PCV the line running into the BACK of the plenum?

(by back i dont mean the EGR, i mean if you're staring directly at the plenum from the front of the car...im talking about the vacuum line "behind" the plenum, closest to the firewall...is that the PCV vacuum line?)

The PCV valve should be located on the passenger side valve cover. It sticks into a circular rubber grommit. It's right under the air intake. You stick a straw in it, and then the straw into the seafoam can.

This is where I put it, I remove the black hose from the plenum bung then I insert some 1/4" tubing loosely into the bung, then I stick the other end of the tubing in the SeaFoam while the wife keeps the RPMs up to prevent the engine from dying, as soon as it is all sucked in I kill the engine and wait about 10 minutes. After that it is time to take it for a drive :banana:
SeaFoam.jpg

Attachments

• SeaFoam.jpg
    SeaFoam.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 170
HAHAHAHAH :rlaugh: ok sooooo lets go over this again.

View attachment 481785

Killgore, you say the YELLOW circle is the line that is the PCV, and the line you used to put the Sea-Foam into?? Well the 2nd i unplugged that, the car died. And i was like "way to go killgore" and just started laughing lol

So did i do something wrong already? lol or is this NOT the line you were talking about??

Red Circle: What is this vacuum line? Can i connect a hose to THAT line (going into the intake end of course) and suck the Sea Foam through there?? What the hell line is this?

Yeah, that's the hose it should go into. It should run to your passenger side valve cover. You need to have someone keep the rpm's up while you're feeding the seafoam into the engine. Never heard of anyone using the hose in the red circle, though.