Thinking heavily about coil over on front, advice please.

• Sponsors (?)

don't take this the wrong way, I mean no offense... But most people on here who have gone through suspension and chassis parts end up finally going with MM and if they didn't do it the first time they wish they had (myself included). The recommendations you have here say MM, yet you keep asking about different brands. If you don't want to spend the extra on MM, at least pick one brand (and one brand of dampers) where you know it will work together as designed.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
There’s nothing wrong with strange single adjustables on a street car . Mine have been in my car for probably 4 years . I ran the eibach pro kit springs up front and team z drag springs forever .

Then I went to the UPR coil over kit up front after I did full UPR Moly K member and arms .

I have team z street beast rear lowers ( only because I wanted adjustability and to still have a bushing there .

My rear upper arms are UPR double adjustable pro series full spherical . Same with the rear bushings . I have through the floor subframes and the tq boxes have the reinforcements . The car drives pretty good for the most part . I had 12/250 up front and now I have the 300 or 325 I think ( should be in my thread ) . It was a little too soft still for the NYC/NJ roads . I needed a middle ground setup to be able to race it but mainly street drive still to .

No offense to anyone else's recommendation but this is coming from someone that has worked on many street and race cars ( that have been sub 4s in the 1/8 mile). I have seen stuff survive plenty of power wheelies and all kinds of wild stuff

With the exception of SR and the super cheap knock off stuff - just about everything made today is durable . UPR , qa1 , MM , racecraft inc , team z . It’s a matter of your preference and what the cars intended purpose is .

Reactions: 2 users
don't take this the wrong way, I mean no offense... But most people on here who have gone through suspension and chassis parts end up finally going with MM and if they didn't do it the first time they wish they had (myself included). The recommendations you have here say MM, yet you keep asking about different brands. If you don't want to spend the extra on MM, at least pick one brand (and one brand of dampers) where you know it will work together as designed.
Just want to get as much information as possible so that I do only do it once, I agree and am certainly leaning towards just calling MM and going with their recommendations…however I ‘think’ what I’ve learned is for MY car either leaving stock type setup or front only coil over will probably be best.
Front bushings are 35 years old, probably no bushing-ing left in them!!

Honestly for what you want to do with the car, I'd rebuild the front end with stock parts, new lower control arms and new, good quality struts and springs, rebuild the rear with new springs and good quality upper and lower control arms and shocks and be done. Disconnect the front sway bar when you get to the track to help with your launch since you say you wont be there often.

This is what I did and all is well and it drives great. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user