This a decent kill?

Roland69 said:
I met a guy today (kinda lives next to me) with a nice VW.....I can't remember what it was but I think it was rare. 1.6 with a factory S/C he's pushing 16 psi and tuned to the max he said....looked like a Cabbarello (spelling) but that's not what it was. Had a motorized wing on the back it was actually a kick ass car. He told me he had a 93 GT vert that he drag raced before this car. He said with bolt-on's I would take him untill the twisties lol. cool guy and sounds like he know's his stuff about stang's aswell

yeah sounds like a carrodo, my boss is trying to sell one, 2,999 with a rebuilt sc. its a fun car to drive, looks cool, and i think there prety rare these days.

• Sponsors (?)

Don't you guys know that all these tuner cars run 12's with just a downpipe and the boost turned up... that is why so many of the more modded one's run 13's and 14's if not worse....

I know, that didn't make sence... but neither did the 12.7 argument. If they were that easy to get in the 12's you would see far many more of them running 12's and better. Wait... was he talking about the 1/8th or the 1/4? Many ricers will claim an ET because thier MPH was good for that ET. All I have to say is that until the timeslip says you ran a certian ET, you didn't run that ET.

Oh yeah... every time I think of VW's racing I always imagine the races taking place in front of a gay bar and the guy that plays Will on the series "will and grace" flagging it.

90mustangGT said:
Oh yeah... every time I think of VW's racing I always imagine the races taking place in front of a gay bar and the guy that plays Will on the series "will and grace" flagging it.

LMAO!

Kinda off topic, theres a guy in my town w/ a VW bug that would kill most cars on this board. Granted its powered by a built 350 in the trunk (hood :shrug: ) and has a custom frame. Lol. Ok so the only thing VW about it is the shell. Things mean though. Talk about power to weight ratio.

DmnStr8 said:
LMAO!

Kinda off topic, theres a guy in my town w/ a VW bug that would kill most cars on this board. Granted its powered by a built 350 in the trunk (hood :shrug: ) and has a custom frame. Lol. Ok so the only thing VW about it is the shell. Things mean though. Talk about power to weight ratio.

I saw a setup like that, except it was a bigblock chevy. Basically, the motor was right behind the seats, attached to a trans and just a U-joint to the 9". I forgot what it ran, but it was damn impressive considering it was a real budget build. I wouldn't call it a VW.... since Volkswagen means "folks-wagon" which further translates into "people's car" I would call that car a "Volkschevy". My uncle had a Ford F100 pickup with a Olsmobile 455 in it... I called it the Olsmoford.

Im just saying knowing a lot of VW guys, a car with a simple ecu, upped boost, and exhaust is not going to run 12s without a LOT of other stuff done, and a lot of weight taken off it... Even with a stock turbo I dont see it happening.

Still a nice kill, those cars are quick.

People like to talk about 12's like it's nothing, but in reality 12's is getting down there pretty quick. It's a lot harder for the small displacment one's because if they hook the bog, or they just have a hell of a time getting traction. What so many AWD turbo 4 cylinders find out real quick. It is so hard of them to overcome this without burning out clutches like top fuel dragsters.