Those with car covers (4" hood & saleen wing, what fits?)

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
I have a 91 LX with a saleen wing and a 4" hood.. im about to get a car cover (waterproof) and i dont want to get one thats not gonna fit.. does anyone know if the one for the vehicle has enough in it to fit over everything or do i need to buy something oversized?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a cover that I bought from Autozone to help keep the dust off the paint and help avoid door dings / scratches while the car sleeps over winter.

My cover has plenty of room in the hood area, but I am not sure about the Saleen rear wing.

i have a garage too, but its a single, and i want to pull the car out while i put the rest of the motor together.. it should only be outside for a week or so, but it doesnt have a new sunroof yet, and i dont want it to rain and pour inside the interior... that, and i really dont want it in plain sight for that long, knowing someone could just roll up with a trailer and jack it from me easily since there is no driveline in it right now.

I have one on my LX with saleen wing. I got it from Mustangs Unlimited specified for an 87-93 Saleen. Cost me $140 but i've had it for 8 years and it's held up fine!

Jan06303.jpg

Mustang5L5 said:
I have one on my LX with saleen wing. I got it from Mustangs Unlimited specified for an 87-93 Saleen. Cost me $140 but i've had it for 8 years and it's held up fine!

Jan06303.jpg

8 years? holy hell.. thats definatley worth the price! is it water resistant / proof ?

and the way it sits, your car looks like a funny car under that thing !

FarBeyondDriven said:
8 years? holy hell.. thats definatley worth the price! is it water resistant / proof ?

and the way it sits, your car looks like a funny car under that thing !

It's water resistant. Still though if snow is allowed to sit on top or rain collects in the area between the hatch and wing it will begin to seep down.

I think some of it's water resistant capabilities did fade with age. I beleive there are sprays you can spray on it to repel water.

I also have a California car cover. They're expensive but they'll make one for you however you like. They're water resistant and machine washable. I love mine and It's holding up nicely. I guess you get what you pay for...