Those with TRW pistons and TFS heads I need help!

donsbad68

Immensely Educated
Jan 4, 2003
Oklahoma
Hey guys I ordered a set of TRW pistons for my 30 over 302 motor they say they should be around 10.1:1 compression with a 58cc head but they have small valve reliefs. Does anyone know what cam I should be able to fit with TFS Track Heats? I will be running 1.6 rockers. The pistons came in a summit rebuild kit if this helps. It was the kit with the higher of the two compressions the other was 9.0ish:1. Thanks for any opinions guys.

Dustin:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

donsbad68 said:
Hey guys I ordered a set of TRW pistons for my 30 over 302 motor they say they should be around 10.1:1 compression with a 58cc head but they have small valve reliefs. Does anyone know what cam I should be able to fit with TFS Track Heats? I will be running 1.6 rockers. The pistons came in a summit rebuild kit if this helps. It was the kit with the higher of the two compressions the other was 9.0ish:1. Thanks for any opinions guys.

Dustin:SNSign:

With .040 compressed head gasket,you should be able to run TFS's stage 2 cam.

There meant to work with flat tops

But the only real way to know is with some clay (Play Doh).You want no less than .07 on the intake and .09 on the exhaust (more if over 5500rpms).

89white50 said:
are those valve reliefs cut for TW heads?

I was just about to ask the same thing. I have the track heat heads, and got the TFS 10:1 pistons to make sure i wouldnt have any clearance problems