Thoughts on this midpipe?

I'm looking at ordering this to add to my Magnaflow catback:

http://www.ninosport.com/MAC-Off-Road-H-Pipe-1999-04-Mustang-GT-Cobra-43969?sc=2&category=845

I prefer the sound of O/R h-pipes to x-pipes, and I came across this. It seems very basic, though. Will I notice good power and sound gains, or not much over stock?

And yes, I know that they don't accommodate LT headers, but I don't plan on doing those for a while as they don't pass smog and are more of a bitch to swap in and out every two years. That, and they are very expensive.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm looking at ordering this to add to my Magnaflow catback:

http://www.ninosport.com/MAC-Off-Road-H-Pipe-1999-04-Mustang-GT-Cobra-43969?sc=2&category=845

I prefer the sound of O/R h-pipes to x-pipes, and I came across this. It seems very basic, though. Will I notice good power and sound gains, or not much over stock?

And yes, I know that they don't accommodate LT headers, but I don't plan on doing those for a while as they don't pass smog and are more of a bitch to swap in and out every two years. That, and they are very expensive.

You will gain a little power but not much over stock, but the sound will be a lot more aggressive like a muscle car:nice: Don't forget to get Mil's to avoid the CEL coming on.

Where do you live?

Will I not gain much power due to this specific midpipe, or midpipes in general? I'm looking for better sound and airflow, mainly.

Also, what's "Mil's?" :p

It also depends on your combination of mods that will help it potentially make more power. It will produce better sound over just your magnaflows and will will yield you little gains but don't expect tremendous gains from just the mid-pipe. Overall I think you will enjoy the sound of your car. I'd say do it:nice:

Mil Eliminators will prevent your Check Engine Light to come on when you install your H pipe. You can also get a tuner to eliminate the CEL from coming on.

Alright, I think I'll order the midpipe tomorrow. Is it easy to install? I'm assuming it just involves removing my cat back, stock midpipe, putting in the new midpipe, and putting the catback back on.

The next mod I plan on doing after the midpipe is an SCT tuner, so that will eliminate the CEL. I'll just deal with it for a month or so until I get the tuner, unless the Mil Eliminator is inexpensive.

Alright, I think I'll order the midpipe tomorrow. Is it easy to install? I'm assuming it just involves removing my cat back, stock midpipe, putting in the new midpipe, and putting the catback back on.

The next mod I plan on doing after the midpipe is an SCT tuner, so that will eliminate the CEL. I'll just deal with it for a month or so until I get the tuner, unless the Mil Eliminator is inexpensive.

You just have to remove your stock H. It looks like a 3 piece design so it should be easy to install, you'll have more space to work with since your removing the cats so it's easier access to the manifolds. Your better of with the SCT tuner since your going to get it anyways. Mil's cost about $60 but if your getting a tuner in the future, forget about the Mil's.

The only reason I wasn't going for the prochamber is because it's much more expensive. Is the difference worth the extra cost?

And it sounds like the prochamber gives a deeper and more mellow tone. That's not what I'm looking for. :p

Finally, do I need to order some O2 sensor extensions and a midpipe gasket, as well?

DO NOT BUY FROM MUSTANG EXHAUST. I bought a mid pipe off them and they didn't tell me mac discontinued the black coating and would never send the ford gasket I bought. Had to send it back and had to threaten them with the police to get a full refund.

http://forums.modular depot.com/depot/106461-ninosport-mustang-exhaust-do-not-buy.html

Take the space out ouf the link.

like i posted earlier it gives you the low end power form the H, and the top end power of the X-pipe with a good mid range power also...it maybe a bit more mellow but it does scream up top

That sounds like quite an advantage. Is the difference between the Prochamber and the regular h-pipe that great? Sorry I keep asking about this. $100 is a good amount of money for someone like me who is only working part time and going to school. :p

Also, if I'm going to spend ~$300, would I just be better off going with a BBK O/R X?

The only reason I wasn't going for the prochamber is because it's much more expensive. Is the difference worth the extra cost?

And it sounds like the prochamber gives a deeper and more mellow tone. That's not what I'm looking for. :p

Finally, do I need to order some O2 sensor extensions and a midpipe gasket, as well?

No on the O2 sensor extensions, that's for only the 04. Go with what you want man. People will always tell you what to get, this or that. It's your ride and do as you please. If you go with the H cool, if you go with the ProChamber cool. It's all up to you man, both will sound and perform better on your car than the stock h. Good Luck:flag:

That sounds like quite an advantage. Is the difference between the Prochamber and the regular h-pipe that great? Sorry I keep asking about this. $100 is a good amount of money for someone like me who is only working part time and going to school. :p

Also, if I'm going to spend ~$300, would I just be better off going with a BBK O/R X?

:D ive got the bassani o-r x and i love the sound. its been compared to the sound of a charged cobra with the x and a loud mouth cat back, if your gonna spend 300 bucks, id get an o-r x or o-r h from bbk and a set of there mil elims. for like 40 bucks and go for a long ride and make some noise with the rest of the money. now the reason for the mils, is so your check engine light dont come on due to the lack of cat. convertors. they plug into your rear o2 senors, a simple install all together:nice: