Engine Throttle Body Stock In Close Position On 1989

• Sponsors (?)

TB is supposed to be closed at idle. there is a hole in the plate to let air through and you also have the Idle Air Cylenoid that opens and closes to let air in. You either have a fuel issue or your IAC is stuck(pretty common). Have you pulled any codes?

TB is supposed to be closed at idle. there is a hole in the plate to let air through and you also have the Idle Air Cylenoid that opens and closes to let air in. You either have a fuel issue or your IAC is stuck(pretty common). Have you pulled any codes?
I have a code 32 for the EGR not seated, this issue it's only if i put my TPS at .9 to .3 volt.

stock TPS shouldnt be able to be adjusted. if its out of range its bad. do you have an aftermarket sensor? if so swap it back to a stocker and see if that helps.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/adjusting-your-tps-to-0-98v-is-not-necessary.825424/

There is no need to reset a TPS.

As for the issue with the TB, you probably need to perform the idle reset procedure now. It's usually necessary any time you adjust the idle stop screw. Basically unplug the IAC and open up the idle set screw a few turns to way open. Start the engine, and begin backing down the idle stop screw until barely over sustaining the engine in a low idle. At this point, shut the car off, unplug the battery for 30 mins and plug the IAC back in. Start the car and let it relearn idle.

Adjusting the idle stop screw will screw up your TPS adjustment, but thats fine because read the thread i linked earlier. No TPS code..you're fine

You guys with idle problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix you idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D:

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 125,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.

The setting the base idle and IAC cleaning procedures are in there as well.