Throttle Position Sensor problem?

V8JamesGT

Jan 22, 2006
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=650730&highlight=failsafe

If you go to the above link you'll see the problems I've been having. Well this week its done it again. Message center said I had 39 miles until empty when I filled my gas tank back up. The next day the car goes into failsafe engine mode and CEL comes on. So I take it to the dealership today, show them the CEL and they ran a diagonostics check on it....it read a problem with the throttle position sensor.... Anyone else have this problem? I'm supposed to call them tommarrow and see if everything is fixed. Car is still bone stock but I was planning on ordering JLTII Intake and SCT Tuner this week. Should I hold off until the problem is solved?

• Sponsors (?)

V8JamesGT said:
Car is still bone stock but I was planning on ordering JLTII Intake and SCT Tuner this week. Should I hold off until the problem is solved?
yes, i would wait till everything is worked out. otherwise, you will be trying to figure out if the problem is in the tune or something else. justs makes troubleshooting much easier.

Well I got it back today. They replaced the throttle position sensor and so far I havnt had any problems. I'm gonna wait until the fuel is low again and make sure it still runs good.

Anyone have the full info on TSB 05-14-4??? I read an old post where someone else had their throttle postion sensor replaced and it was in that TSB.

it wasnt in that tsb. that tsb had to do with wrench light on. I couldnt find any tsb on it. Let me know if you do, as my tps is bad