thumbs up for summit exhaust

mspeed50

Jul 18, 2005
just wanted to say that i installed summits x-pipe and cat back system(minus their mufflers) and am very pleased with the fitment and quality. does not hang low. only fab i had to do was shorten the tailpipe where it connects to my mufflers by about one inch. the welding for the x was very good, even the inside of the weld was clean. only thing is you'll not want to run the mufflers that come with the cat back kit, no flow and sound like crap! i don't think they're even worth the $15 a peice they charge! good set up for fox's if you're stickin with aluminized. later....

• Sponsors (?)

I had their catback and it was a piece of ****!

None of the pipes fit into each other like they should...
tailpipes hit the tires and chassis...

I even took it all to an exhaust shop and they couldnt get it right...

glad you got it to work.

I bought a Dr. Gas X-pipe and it did not fit for *****, I had to cut and reweld my own angles and put the driver side pipe on the pass and pass side on the driver side. I have heard the summit fully welded mufflers on a 90 fox w/331 in it and it sounded bad as hell. It sounded like the car was revving 10,000 rpms. The car also ran 11.10 @ 121mph. all motor. I will be getting my summit fully welded muflers today and hopefully putting them on today..