Timing chain kit

darkfader

5 Year Member
Feb 16, 2017
Davis, WV
Hey guys,
Just curious which chain kit is most suitable for my application. LMR has a few different choices. The comp cams kit and 2 different ford Motorsport kits. The more pricey ford kit has the thrust plate included and +\-8* retard/advance adjustment. Is that the one I want? I’ll obviously be degree-ing the cam when it arrives.
My build will be the 331 stroker bottom end, FTI custom cam topped with 11R 190 TFS heads and Holley Systemax II intake.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys,
Just curious which chain kit is most suitable for my application. LMR has a few different choices. The comp cams kit and 2 different ford Motorsport kits. The more pricey ford kit has the thrust plate included and +\-8* retard/advance adjustment. Is that the one I want? I’ll obviously be degree-ing the cam when it arrives.
My build will be the 331 stroker bottom end, FTI custom cam topped with 11R 190 TFS heads and Holley Systemax II intake.

Thanks!
You should buy the one that offers the thrust bearing, and can be adjusted +/-8.
I mean why wouldn't you? Most guys here wouldn't probably advance or retard their cams 8 degrees, but who knows? Better to have the capability and not use it, than not have it and want to.

Reactions: 1 users